Sand Point Well?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have drilled Wells for over a 100 years. Water witching is the silliest thing there is about water wells.
Probably close to 60 years ago dad had one drilled on a place. Had a shallow well with a hand pump we used growing up but siesmegraph came thru and it collapsed. Old gal came out with a forked stick and walked all over the place, finally said there's where your best water is and stuck a stick in ground right out in middle of the pasture. Dad paid her 10 or 20 dollars. Drillers showed up with an old cable tool rig. Took about a week to drill 150 ft but it's an excellent well and still going strong.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Probably close to 60 years ago dad had one drilled on a place. Had a shallow well with a hand pump we used growing up but siesmegraph came thru and it collapsed. Old gal came out with a forked stick and walked all over the place, finally said there's where your best water is and stuck a stick in ground right out in middle of the pasture. Dad paid her 10 or 20 dollars. Drillers showed up with an old cable tool rig. Took about a week to drill 150 ft but it's an excellent well and still going strong.
Probably would have had to drill 155’ anywhere else.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Yea I have some wild stories about well witchers and their customers!

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
thought I'd ckeck my records. My new 160’ well here in OK county in 2005 was turnkey ....drilling, pump, pressure tank was $3700. In 2016 I had one drilled at my Okfuskee county property.....160' with pump only was $4200.
Ours drilled in Okfuskee County in 2021. Hit water at 61' and drilled to 88'. We're close to the river so didn't have to go as deep. 20 gpm est. $3500 covered drilling, pump and pressure tank.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ours drilled in Okfuskee County in 2021. Hit water at 61' and drilled to 88'. We're close to the river so didn't have to go as deep. 20 gpm est. $3500 covered drilling, pump and pressure tank.
Mine was so deep because I chose the location and it was on top of a hill, a good 60’ in elevation above my cabin and then another 40-50’ on down to the creek. I wanted to gravity feed water to the cabin. Turned out to be real gypy water. Driller said that was typical in my area.

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
13k is just an estimate it could be more or less. Not a bad price IMO. If it's good water it will make your place worth more when you sell it. If you wanted to plant a garden or install a bathroom they are all options if you have water.

Treemansam

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a heck of a time finding drivable pipe. I’m in Luther so okc would be great. Tulsa would be ok to drive to get it also. Any help would be much appreciated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom