Sand Point Well?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have had a heck of a time finding drivable pipe. I’m in Luther so okc would be great. Tulsa would be ok to drive to get it also. Any help would be much appreciated.
drive pipe and collars are special grade and the threads are just a little different. almost all of the lumber yards used to keep them in stock along with points and cylinders etc. not anymore. i have found drive pipe online though

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had a heck of a time finding drivable pipe. I’m in Luther so okc would be great. Tulsa would be ok to drive to get it also. Any help would be much appreciated.
Lots on Amazon. Luther is not far from where I am so let us know how it goes!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our well is on that map and correct. It's sand, water depth, 20' to water and the well is 40' deep. It's actually the old river bottom of the Arkansas river that has moved a mile west over the years. We pump 3/10 of a mile and 128' up to a bluff. Very hard water that needs a softener to be usable.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have drilled Wells for over a 100 years. Water witching is the silliest thing there is about water wells.
Lol you clearly haven’t ever used one. I have an uncle that can witch. It’s like magic. I really don’t understand it. Best I have ever been able to do is witch water lines with copper wire. Still really helpful. Guarantee I do better with the water lines than those 811 guys can 😉

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol you clearly haven’t ever used one. I have an uncle that can witch. It’s like magic. I really don’t understand it. Best I have ever been able to do is witch water lines with copper wire. Still really helpful. Guarantee I do better with the water lines than those 811 guys can 😉

Haaaaaaa! You would be one of the customers that asked us to drill some 700 ft away from the home when we could have drilled 50 ft from your home and you would have drank the same water! But you choose to “believe ” and paid us a couple thousand more for a 700 ditch, pipe and wire! Thanks!

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a guy witch water with a pair of CT pliers, the same kind we wear on our belts to cut wire with, and that guy nailed it!!

Drilled a stock well and it’s still going strong after 20 plus years.

Seen guys witch with baling wire, coat hangers and copper wire too, some guys I trust witching others not so much.

JbobG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's the kicker.. I was planning on driving a survival well and never did find drivable 3' pipe. I still have all the other supplies including a very nice hand pump, well point, driving caps, etc. if anyone's interested in buying them.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a guy witch water with a pair of CT pliers, the same kind we wear on our belts to cut wire with, and that guy nailed it!!

Drilled a stock well and it’s still going strong after 20 plus years.

Seen guys witch with baling wire, coat hangers and copper wire too, some guys I trust witching others not so much.

I’ll explain one more time and give it up.

You can drill anywhere on your property and drink the exact same water. 50ft from your home or a 1000ft.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's the kicker.. I was planning on driving a survival well and never did find drivable 3' pipe. I still have all the other supplies including a very nice hand pump, well point, driving caps, etc. if anyone's interested in buying them.
just buy heavy galvanized pipe and get the dies and thread it yourself of have a well driller thread it for you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom