Sand Point Well?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do pretty good with a rain catchment system. Build something with a modest roof. I have 5-50 gallon barrels catching water. A very small rain will fill them all. Use the water for everything except drinking.
IMG_4179.jpeg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice! Thanks. I found the neighbors well. It says total depth 180 with first water at 120. I’m guessing that means these shallow hand wells don’t work in that area or is there still a chance there might be small amounts of water. All I need is like a five gallon bucket. If I ever build a house I’d obviously pay for a legit one.
If all you need is five gallons, I would just carry that much with me. Is it an option to buy water from the neighbor?

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where are you located?

I work for a soil conservation district and we’ve got a couple of programs where our producers are having wells drilled, no pumps installed, just the well.

I’ve got a lot of receipts coming in with the deepest well being180’ and the receipt was $7000, but that’s in my area.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where are you located?

I work for a soil conservation district and we’ve got a couple of programs where our producers are having wells drilled, no pumps installed, just the well.

I’ve got a lot of receipts coming in with the deepest well being180’ and the receipt was $7000, but that’s in my area.
And you guys are reimbursing for the cost?

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Can't believe nobody has mentioned finding a good water dowser yet???? :) All the ones I know that were legit, could not only find it, but could tell you how deep and about what kind of flow even are dead and gone. I know one guy left who can find it but that's it.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And you guys are reimbursing for the cost?
Yes sir, but only 75% on one program and 85% on the other.

I’d call your local soil conservation office and ask to have your name put on the call list for when the next program is rolled out.

At least that’s how we do it in our office, I’m pretty sure most other offices have a running list too.

jackinok09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Often you can find water shallow but these days it's hard to find water real shallow that's not contaminated with chemicals metals etc.. That's why well drillers case thru all surface water. In fact in a lot of places it's illegal to use surface water ( if your caught of course) reason why most wells are not on maps is because they were drilled or dug before it was a law..i would suggest getting hold of a well drillers in your local area he would know more about where water is found than anyone. Old time drillers. Who have drilled lots of wells in your area can tell you pretty close where water will be because there drilled lots of wells that don't show on maps.if all you need is a few gallons even a small seep can supply that usually. If you've got a place that stays wet you can often sink a tub or bucket. With a lid on it. In the area with holes drilled in it to collect enough.

Latest posts

Top Bottom