Sand Point Well?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This map has the depth of known wells in OK, you can also adjust it to get info on aquifers. Check and see the depth of wells around your location. ArcGIS Web Application

Also looks like you have to pull permits to make a hole of any kind.
Those maps isnt very accurate i was looking at them earlier for my area and found 1 well in the area and says it was 300 ft when i know dads well about 1000ft from the one on the map is only 100ft deep have had to pull the line several times over the years and i know of atleast 2 doz wells in the area that isnt listed in just a 2 mile square

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
a sand point won't work at those depths . you can't pull a column of water that far.
Yeah I know. What I meant was is it still possible to find water at that 20 foot or shallower mark to use one of the sand points since the traditional wells are so much deeper?

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I know. What I meant was is it still possible to find water at that 20 foot or shallower mark to use one of the sand points since the traditional wells are so much deeper?
drive one and find out. to test for water all you have to do is fill the pipe with water every couple of feet. when you hit water zone the water in the pipe will run down fast.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Those maps isnt very accurate i was looking at them earlier for my area and found 1 well in the area and says it was 300 ft when i know dads well about 1000ft from the one on the map is only 100ft deep have had to pull the line several times over the years and i know of atleast 2 doz wells in the area that isnt listed in just a 2 mile square
I know of several that aren’t on that map.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had one done a couple years ago, I believe we stopped at 50’ and it’ll produce 10GPM. Where I’m at, that’s all you can expect for depth and output. It was $3k for the drilling and casing, that’s a “shallow sand well” no rock to go through.

Find an old, experienced well driller in your area, he will be your best shot at finding water, or tell you to find alternative means if the water is gyppy or other issues exist.

Latest posts

Top Bottom