Sand Point Well?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last time I was at standard steel driving my scrap to the back I seen some heavy wall galvanized pipe.
I bet it was 1/2" thick or more and about 3" diameter or a bit smaller.

Was not for sale just piled up in a spot to be cut smaller.

Is that what is used for drilling?

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Last time I was at standard steel driving my scrap to the back I seen some heavy wall galvanized pipe.
I bet it was 1/2" thick or more and about 3" diameter or a bit smaller.

Was not for sale just piled up in a spot to be cut smaller.

Is that what is used for drilling?
not drilling---- driving. i haven't seen any that thick. the drive pipe and collars are special just because the pipe will screw into the collar against an internal shoulder so the threads don't take the force from the pounding and get loose. if the collars leak air it makes pulling the water up the pipe impossible. the integrity of the pipe has to take the pounding also without bending or collapsing and the pipe has to be hard enough that the threads don't deform. i think the galvanize might have been a bit better also.

cowadle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No. There are variables that would cause that, but they are induced by man and not the water table.
no sir incorrect. the drilling log indicates the reasons. the 300 gallon per minute well was drilled into an underground gravel bed and the other well was in a sand with clay formation at same depth. the static water level is the same in both wells but the recovery in the one is tremendous. the test pump would only test to 300 gpm.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ll explain one more time and give it up.

You can drill anywhere on your property and drink the exact same water. 50ft from your home or a 1000ft.
Not disputing that because I’m not a driller nor have I drilled one.

But what I have seen first hand is a well that had been dug and hit water where 20’ either side of that well there was not any water to be found.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
no sir incorrect. the drilling log indicates the reasons. the 300 gallon per minute well was drilled into an underground gravel bed and the other well was in a sand with clay formation at same depth. the static water level is the same in both wells but the recovery in the one is tremendous. the test pump would only test to 300 gpm.

Still No. But if you believe it to be true, that’s ok too.

Valhallajack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We used a family member that has found wells/ water when no one else can. Over 40 years doing it. He explained what he said was rivers and streams and where they crossed is where he said was the best places to drill. He used fresh fruit tree forks and when he couldn't hold it back he said was good water. When the copper wires crossed he said could be the depth. I don't know how everyone drills randomly but we were glad he said a certain spot. Was one of only 2 places on over 100 aces he claimed had good water.

Latest posts

Top Bottom