Oklahoma's best fried chicken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Coweta is a small town so Roys is it here for fried chicken and its not bad, they havent killed us yet with it and we eat there quite a bit. Chicken fried steak isnt the best or the worst. The only Chinese restaurant in town though makes some awesome sweet and sour chicken. The chicken is perfectly breaded and lightly fried, not greasy, even pretty decent before you pour on the sweetnsour sauce.

For chain joints Im a Popeyes fanatic. Just had some last night. Spicy chicken, coleslaw and beans n rice. Yummm.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Eischens is way overrated. 10 years ago it was awesome. Its been on the decline in the last 3-4 years. Living somewhat close we used to eat it all the time. The last 4 times ive been there ive not been happy its just gotten worse and worse. Its still tastes ok its not like its inedible or anything like that but its definately not worth the hassle of standing next to a table for an hour like a stalker and then waiting another 1.5 hours to actually get your food. I think the quality has started dropping since its continued to get more popular. Its fueled by some kind of weird obsession by people in the OKC area. You could tell on Diners, Drive-ins and Dive that Guy wasnt very impressed. Walmart fried chicken tastes better.

sorry to hear this ... our group of motorcycle riders was originally headed that way.

best chicken I've had lately ... Freeway Cafe at 4th Sheridan in Tulsa ... wait about 15-20 minutes, they are making it fresh. you get 1/2 a chicken, 3 veggies and a fresh yeast roll for $8

COZICAN

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Half Time Sports Bar at Newcastle Road and Rockwell has excellent chicken. I think its much better than Eishens and a much shorter drive. They have fried okra and fried jap's also.

Coz

Latest posts

Top Bottom