Oklahoma's best fried chicken

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I frikking hate fried chicken!
At least I used to.
My sister was the first employee for KFC in Ponca in the 70's. She brought home the excess for months. Mom,Dad, and I finally called it. NO MORE CHICKEN!! We were dirt poor, but enough is enough.

It was 30 years later before I ate any more chicken. For some reason I tried some of the local convience store chicken that they make there. and it was pretty darned good!

Nice and crispy with a lot of moisture.

I worked at kfc as a cook for 2 1/2years. That was my first job. I won't eat fried chicken since then and that was ten years ago.

OKfella

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought that place shut down. Wasn't that the chicken stand right by where Warren's Nursery used to be? On the other side of Warren's from the 50's Cafe?

Danny, it's a new owner, but it is still there. I did their cc processing from 1996 until they changed hands last year. Jim is a good guy. New guy seemed OK, but I haven't eaten there, so....no opinion on the chicken.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you serious?? it comes out of a box frozen already breaded.

Yup, it's from Tyson's. We used to buy it occasionally for Wednesday night church youth gatherings when we lived in Mustang. I always liked it for the seasoning in the breading.

I worked at kfc as a cook for 2 1/2years. That was my first job. I won't eat fried chicken since then and that was ten years ago.

My chicken frying experience comes from Grandy's about 20 years ago at the location that was in front of the Love's at I-40 & Morgan Road in OKC. I can't say it put me off of fried chicken, though. I actually learned a little that I still do today at home.

Eischen's: I don't do lines or table stalking. If I go these days, it's at lunch during the week as part of a trip. Even now, it's still busy -- my last trip in 11/11 there were plenty of oilfield workers and a bunch of Border Patrol pilots. The Border Patrol group had me wondering what they were doing all the way in the middle of OK.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Jim's in Nicoma Park can be hit or miss lately. Not sure what the issue is, maybe he isn't changing out the oil often enough or he's running it too hot, but overall, it was better with the original owner.

beast1989

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They run it out of a food truck on NE 23 st.
Check https://www.facebook.com/groups/2205196596/ for their current location.

They are at the same location every weekend and Friday nights. They cater to the night club crowd so they only serve during late late evenings through maybe 3am or something like that.

I have heard of this bobo's but the way i heard it the place was mobile and if you weren't in the know you wouldn't be able to find the place. I also heard that a guy got shot while waiting to be served and the line just moved around him as he lay on the ground bleeding and what not. don't know if any of this is true or not just spreading some rumors that I once heard.

I have been going there over half my life and the mobile trailer has always parked at the same location when it is operating. No need to be "in the know" you just have to be willing to go there at the wee hours.

Latest posts

Top Bottom