Old Timers: what kind of beer did you drink when you were young?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbear53

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I poured out two cases of Old Milwaukee on the side of the road one time.
Not because it tasted like $hix (even though it did), but because the officer told us to, and then told us to go home and stay there!!!!!
Seemed like it was around $1.99 a case or so. Back then Coors was $.99 a six-pack.

GLGAR

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
During the 40's and 50's it was Falstaff, Progress and Stag in Tulsa, then National Bohemian in Baltimore and Maiers Brew 102 around Garden Grove/Anaheim. I really liked that National Bo and Brew 102 when I was in the Navy.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I poured out two cases of Old Milwaukee on the side of the road one time.
Not because it tasted like $hix (even though it did), but because the officer told us to, and then told us to go home and stay there!!!!!

A similar memory still lingers in my mind. Although if I remember correctly he kept a 6 pack or two for evidence just in case we showed back up.

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Mid '70's QT beer was made by Pearl. Pretty bad. I worked QT in Stillwater back then.
I drank Miller bottles & Little Kings in the 8-packs from the liquor store. Coors was emergency standby.

Latest posts

Top Bottom