One too many breakdowns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG_1874.JPG
IMG_1875.JPG
IMG_1876.JPG
IMG_1877.JPG
Finally got tired of spending time and money on broken hydraulic lines, fittings and bent cylinders. All grapples should come with guards like these I built. I think most do besides this one that the ranch owns. Anyhow, it's got some hell for stout guards now.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nicely done. What brand is it? I just happened to notice one the other day with a smashed ram guard, it was a Wikco I think. Any chance of your hoses rubbing on the guard edge?

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nicely done. What brand is it? I just happened to notice one the other day with a smashed ram guard, it was a Wikco I think. Any chance of your hoses rubbing on the guard edge?
The brand is Worksaver. I've noticed most of the guards on other brands are maybe 1/8" thick. I may put a piece of radiator hose around the lines in the spot you mentioned. The lines don't move much there but a lil preventative maintenance never hurts.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
The brand is Worksaver. I've noticed most of the guards on other brands are maybe 1/8" thick. I may put a piece of radiator hose around the lines in the spot you mentioned. The lines don't move much there but a lil preventative maintenance never hurts.

Me and hydraulic hoses don't have a good working relationship in general lol, that's the only reason I noticed :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom