Open Carry News...did anyone else see this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dx3

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I really dont care what you do.

Well that was certainly helpful to the discussion at hand ;)

You can't pick and choose what makes you a supporter of the 2nd amendment and what doesn't. Does it say in the 2nd amendment what caliber you can carry or how big your gun can be? Does it say you first have to take a class? It does not - but we take those restrictions and abide by them daily. If the proposal was about being allowed to carry a 50 caliber pistol would I still be a hypocrit because I disagree? ~dx3

your herring is red and pickled.

How many of you folks have actually SEEN a civilian packing a gun in public ----open?

The folks Ive seen in Kentucky range from "regular" looking guys out deer hunting on a weekend to "cue the banjo" looking rednecks out in the hills. The guy in Michigan.... well- he carried a "ugly" gun... and thats the only reason we gave him a second look.

I'd suggest some of you folks who carry concealed read up on the precursors of assaultive behavior and stop sounding like twits.... then, do as you please as far as your mode of carry goes.

Again, let's agree to disagree and leave the name-calling aside. We shall see on Nov 1st.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I didn't get to hear it but my friend who called in said the guy was saying basically that no other state allows open carry, like we were going to be the first one if it passed, typical 'blood will run in the streets', 'wild west' crap.

I love quoting myself. What I have to say is SO important...and I mean EVERYTHING I have to say, such as 'my toe is itchy', etc. J/k.

Adding a follow-up to the radio story I mentioned earlier. My buddy said that now the main DJ, Corbin, is exchanging emails with him asking him more information about CCL and OC so at least he's trying to educate himself. He asked if there was going to be a shooting proficiency test, like you have to hit x% to open carry. I told my buddy to tell him no. I want him to also tell him that FBI Crime statistics show that police officers miss 70% of their shots, but I couldn't remember the exact percentage.

rebelracer79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can't pick and choose what makes you a supporter of the 2nd amendment and what doesn't. Does it say in the 2nd amendment what caliber you can carry or how big your gun can be? Does it say you first have to take a class? It does not - but we take those restrictions and abide by them daily. If the proposal was about being allowed to carry a 50 caliber pistol would I still be a hypocrit because I disagree?

Accept the fact that people will have different opinions and move on. I am against OC and you are for it. When the last passes you do as you wish and I'll do as I wish...

Your right, you can't pick and choose, your either a supporter or not, and not supporting any aspect of it makes you not a supporter of the 2nd amendment. you are infringing what shall not be infringed...

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How many of you folks have actually SEEN a civilian packing a gun in public ----open?

I was in Alaska a few years back. Spent a week in a very small in-country town, and did a lot of walking around town most days. I saw 2 people open-carrying.

One was a guy carrying a 9mm handgun. I asked him why he carried and he said he lived in the woods and carried it for bears. It wouldn't have been my choice. I think he just thought it was cool.

The other was a young woman who operated a tourist boat which took tourists upriver and docked for a nature walk along the way. She carried a 12 gauge for bear. Made sense to me.

I just don't think we'll see all that many people with hog-legs on their hips.

Rumur

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I fully support the 2nd Amendment. As many others have said, I don't think I would open carry. But that is my personal choice based on the freedoms that are guaranteed me. The reason I probably would not carry is that I feel I would lose the element of surprise and be an early target in a nasty situation. (as others have noted) I have not had my conceal carry license for very long, so right now printing and casual exposure are very prevalent in my mind right now. As I get more comfortable will I open carry? Maybe...maybe not. But once again...that is my choice and all the beetching in the world will NOT change it. If you decide to open carry...that is your choice and I cannot, will not and should not change your mind.

brentlyfletch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only reason "I" am excited about it is to cover my butt when i am reaching for something in walmart, and some old lady sees my pistol and freaks out.

trade_sniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree that concealed has the upper hand and element of surprise. I also agree that an exposed weapon may prevent a bad situation from happening like the story from Ohio (I've read it but can't find the thread now, if someone knows where its at, please PM me the link, I was trying to show it to a friend).

My only gripe with concealed carry is that I have to wear pants one size too large, an under shirt (so the gun isn't riding against my skin) and then an unbottoned, untucked shirt to cover my weapon (the combo gets hot when it's 100 degree's here in the summer). It's hard to look your best (especially when shopping for a new lady friend) when you are wearing all that baggy crap.

So it would be nice, on occasion, to be able to dress in a fashion that excentuates the positive and still have your weapon quickly accessible.

Latest posts

Top Bottom