Opinion On Roofing Job

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

sushi & pistols said that there were thigns I coldn't see from the ground so I went out today and zoomed in on the ridge line and took a photo. They started at opposite ends of the ridgeline and worked their waty to the center and this is the completed job.​

Attachments

• 65851AE3-31B1-4F45-88C1-9282F05B5A64_1_201_a.jpeg
    65851AE3-31B1-4F45-88C1-9282F05B5A64_1_201_a.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The roofer also absorbed the insurance deductible...
Roofing contractors in Oklahoma are now prohibited from waiving insurance deductibles now that a new law has taken effect Nov. 1. 2022, House Bill 1940,
I don't know if the average consumer is aware of this, I certainly wasn't. The absorbing of the deductible was verbal.

Last edited:

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

sushi & pistols said that there were thigns I coldn't see from the ground so I went out today and zoomed in on the ridge line and took a photo. They started at opposite ends of the ridgeline and worked their waty to the center and this is the completed job.​

Yep, you can see it in that shatty ridge shingle in the middle. A strong wind could take that all the way to Southern Oklahoma aka Texas.

I believe I'd ask another contractor to take a look and write a report, then contact an attorney..

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, you can see it in that shatty ridge shingle in the middle. A strong wind could take that all the way to Southern Oklahoma aka Texas.

I believe I'd ask another contractor to take a look and write a report, then contact an attorney..
I've contacted another trusted roofer to do an inspection. and just received an email from my roofer that states: "That's the way we install the ridge on the roof line."

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking at the contract and I received a "veterans discount" to the tune of $7,500.00 which coincidentally equals the deductible. As Wolfman1 indicated above, an attorney would use this in a most fashionable way.

wolfman1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been looking at the contract and I received a "veterans discount" to the tune of $7,500.00 which coincidentally equals the deductible. As Wolfman1 indicated above, an attorney would use this in a most fashionable way.
I wont ask how much it cost but Superior did my 1400 ft/sq house including tear off, complete redecking with plywood, and 30 year shingles for just over 11K

I bought the crew of Mexicans a case of beer.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, that looks like crap. What would concern me more is what they did where it doesn't show.
This. Given the **** the contractor working in my bathroom now from the previous contractor (the one I fired mid-job) I WANT to walk my VERY unhappy ass down the street and tear his **** up. 🤬🤬

I do not understand how people do the **** he did (and he has guys working with him. Clearly they are just as sketchy as he is), take money, and then sleep at night.

I'm sorry it's happened to you, too.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've contacted another trusted roofer to do an inspection. and just received an email from my roofer that states: "That's the way we install the ridge on the roof line."
Do as much of your communication with him from now on by email. It's VERY convenient to print out those emails as evidence. Also start keeping a dedicated journal of your interactions with him or anyone else from the company.

Again, I'm sorry you are having to deal with this.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Abello roofing and construction is the only contractor I will ever use. Hes done 3 jobs for me and all were done right, in a timely manner and cost wasnt stupid.

Latest posts

Top Bottom