Opinion: Which AR is the has better Quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best AR based on Quality

• DPMS

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • RRA

Votes: 61 29.6%
  • M&P

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • Olympic

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • Bushmaster

Votes: 34 16.5%
  • Stag

Votes: 33 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Which manufacturer of Ar-15s do you work for?

Dude seriously? You stated that "all" of them stake them so how can you ask HIM that question?

This is not a Ford/Chevy/Dodge thing and nobody has a biased opinion, except you. Facts are facts and DPMS is not on the same quality level as Colt/Noveske/Sabre/S&W/Stag and so on. It's not that hard of a concept to grasp.

All of these people that have said they've never had a problem with theirs... that's great! I don't want you to. But again there is a difference in quality of parts used and when you run them hard you can and will see the problems. Of course if all you shoot is internet rounds then I guess a parts gun from Brigadoon's will be "just as good" as anything else right?

I could care less that you didn't take my advice and bought your DPMS. I'm pretty sure nobody else cares either. You keep bringing the issue up. You keep telling people it is "just as good as" when all you have to do is a little research to find out that is not the case.

If all people want to do is shoot 100 rounds every few months then a cheaper rifle will be fine for you. If you think you can get by with buying a cheaper rifle and running it hard then don't complain when you have issues or call people biased who tried to give you free advice or keep posting the same thing over and over again trying to convince people your rifle is of the same or better quality then one of the top tier brands because nobody is buying that. Get over it.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only owned DPMS, i've had two DPMS A-15 carbines, and have built a Retro M-16 A-1 clone, and right now i have a A-2 that has a DPMS lower and a Colt A2 upper. all mine have been great, my retro with the 4x scope could drive tacks, this one i have now is about as good albeit heavier because of the Heavy barrel

J.P.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1
:thumb:

I What are you trying to add up Yukon? Please inform me why you have to point out minor deatils?

Maybe I missed something but it looks to me like he's trying to figure out how you isolated it to just one faulty mag when in the earlier example you gave, it happened with two mags.
Again,it's early and maybe I'm overlooking something but on it's face, that doesn't seem like such a 'minor' detail....

Josh-L

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah JP I think YG is pointing out the mag descrepancy. I might also point out he stated he replicated the problem but in the thread going on the rifle forum he says it has never jammed on him....

I think this is a case of buyers remorse and he is searching for some sympathy possibly?

James41

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I gotta agree with that, I dont like the trigger on my DPMS but i plan on changing that.

I agree with you, i didn't like the trigger of the DPMS either. It was about a 10 lb pull and a bit gritty. But after a nice trigger job it is now 3 1/2 lb pull and smooth, i can shoot it now with just the tip of my finger. Other than that i like the DPMS quite well, everything seems good and the price was right.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some of the things that make one better than the other you can't see with the naked eye. Also, you will see NO noticable difference in accuracy from the upper/lower fit. If you can you are an amazing shot and should be on the olympic team or something.

Out of the choices you listed I would rank them as follows....

S&W
Stag
RRA
DPMS
Bushmaster
Oly

But we all know my opinion is biased.....

Edited to add.... Things you should look for that make a difference in price/quality.

Do they MP/Pressure test their bolts? Do they park under the FSB? Do they use F marked FSB's? Do they stake their gas keys? Do they offer 1/7 twist? Do they offer chrome lining? Do they offer M4 feed ramps? Do they have a proper 5.56 chamber? Do they offer H buffers? Do they use mil-spec buffer tubes? And so on...

You cannot judge a rifle by it's "fit and finish".

<Sarcasim>Don't listen to a pompous @$$ *&#%? </Sarcasim>

Seriously, thanks, I had no idea what to look for in the AR-15 platform. I have been looking at the S&W's.

Latest posts

Top Bottom