Opinion: Which AR is the has better Quality

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Best AR based on Quality

• DPMS

Votes: 23 11.2%
  • RRA

Votes: 61 29.6%
  • M&P

Votes: 44 21.4%
  • Olympic

Votes: 11 5.3%
  • Bushmaster

Votes: 34 16.5%
  • Stag

Votes: 33 16.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All of these companies make a pretty good rifle. If you want one for typical varmint hunting, any of them will do but may need a little tuning. Most rifles do.
Having carried an M16 around the world a few times, I believe that with proper care most will continue to function fairly well through just about anything you want to put them through. Few people will ever put their own rifle through the kind of abuse that military equipment sees.
For the average "mall ninja" even the crappy Carbon 15s will do.
To get back to your original question: What constitutes "Quality?" Function? Accuracy? Reliability? Ability to continue to operate after extreme abuse? Give some parameters. Some rifles are set up to be Hummers and some to be Ferraris. Both are good in their niche but suck at the other.
I have had good success with Stag, S&W, RRA, Armalite, DPMS, Bushmaster, and even Colt. While teaching how to use these weapons I have seen just about all of them fail at some point, but that is to be expected of any machine.

SKTK135

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can't speak for anything but the Bushmaster M4A3. It has been a fantastic rifle. 1 malfunction during a 3 day Urban Rifle course consisiting of about 1200 rounds. The only other malfunction I can remember was ammo related (remanufactured ammo).
I use this rifle as my patrol rifle on duty.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
if i remember correctly ocpd bought a bunch of bushmaster select fire rifles for the tac team and had a multitude of problems with them

Peace_Maker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned RRA, DPMS, Bushmaster, and Superior AR's and shot Colts in the military. The only ones that gave me trouble was a DPMS and the Colt. The Colt was a M4 and this was a new M4 not a old and abused one. Overall the RRA has been the nicest and the Bushmaster the most accurate.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Updated chart for your viewing pleasure.
Keep in mind that some companies, like Sabre Defence, batch test bolts and barrels.

[Broken External Image][/QUOTE]

RobC

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh No!! The rob_s chart!!

Dammit!! I forgot to consult the chart before I ordered an SR-15E3.

The junk that KAC turns out must not even make his chart.

Rob

Latest posts

Top Bottom