OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been a while checking in. Got up this morning and the wife said that I WAS GOING to go to urgent care, whether I liked it or not. I injured my left knee about 3 or 4 days ago, and it is still sore. Left leg and foot was also swollen a bit bigger than the right knee, leg, and foot. Doc says that if it doesn't get better in a couple of days to go to the ER and get a sonogram done.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sounds like you are blessed with a loving wife that knows how stubborn men can be, and knows when something needs to be done anyway. Listen to the Doc, and thank your wife! Oh, and have fun with the new job.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like you are blessed with a loving wife that knows how stubborn men can be, and knows when something needs to be done anyway. Listen to the Doc, and thank your wife! Oh, and have fun with the new job.

My wife is probably the only reason I am still alive today. A couple years after we were married I ended up with a staph infection. Was running a fever all day helping run some return water lines for a hot water system in a large building. Ten floors with apartments one water heating system in the basement. Originally it had a single line that ran from the roof to the basement where everything just flowed together, it wasn't equal so we ran 1/2 inch pex from that top of each one down to a manifold in the basement so it could be balanced and hot water would flow through every line and be near instant when it was turned on.

That night I shook nearly the whole time till I fell asleep, knew I was sick but didn't know what it was for sure. She took me to the ER the next day, they started me on some heavy duty stuff to try and clear it up. Two days later the red area spread from about 4 inches in diameter to nearly ten.. Before long it was nearly 18 inches across as the infection spread. It had pretty much gotten to my bloodstream and the only thing that saved me was the fact they were already running the antibiotic if they hadn't I would have been dead.

That is also part of the reason why I miss her so much as she was with me through one of my worst times and at one point I honestly expected to not wake up. I lost 20 pounds in a week and a half.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Next time you are out there take someone along who is dive certified and drop them in the water and fly the dive flag right before the drop. Legally no one can come within 150 feet of you. https://www.boat-ed.com/oklahoma/handbook/page/42/Diver-Down-Flags/

It's dirty pool but it guarantees a big haul just take along a bunch of people and put them in inter-tubes. Probably won't get away with it twice though...
That's a great idea. But as crazy as some of those folks were, i'm not sure that dive flag would keep them away. But it is worth a try. lol

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
20190723_193338.jpg
Good morning gang.
Loving this cooler weather.

It has been nice, Except... The cool North wind got ahold of the chicken tractor / meat wagon and flipped it onto the burn barrel.. I left the J rod anchors out the last time I moved it.. Probably wouldn't have been as bad if it hadn't met the burn barrel.. OH but wait that's the least of it.. My Lovely but tough cancer surviving wife wanted to help me right it.. Well we got it vertical and started lowering it back and she says I'm letting go, well I hung on too long and it sent it her direction, knocked her on her can, knocked off her glasses, took a chunk off the bridge of her nose and put a deep 1 inch slice under her right eye.. Did I mention tough ? Well I got her in the house and doctored the slice with 3 mini bandaids and said you ready to go get stiches ? She looks in the mirror says I did a good job, and our blue cross is not accepted in town and I don't feel like going to Shawnee or Seminole.. Man I love my ole lady..

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sucks all the way around.

Makes it worth the thought of getting some anesthetic and the stuff to do stitches yourself though. Have had a few and told them before if I had everything to do it myself and not cut my hand I would have done it myself. Now I just use superglue for most everything. Burns like a mother but will hold it together till it heals up enough to not fall apart.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just bought a pair of ECCO Men's Track 25 Hydromax Hiking Shoes off of Amazon for only $35.17!! These are $230 shoes! Didn't really need 'em, but for a savings of $194, I wanted 'em…..lol. Might be worth a look. Ecco, Clarkes, and Red Wings are about the only shoes I'll buy now. Happy feet...……..well, are happy feet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom