OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Made it to Indiana this last week. Got in one decent day with the computer equipment and then something cratered the next day. 6 hours of trouble shooting on Wednesday to no avail, so Tech Support at the office asked if we could have the van back into town on Friday. We spent 14 hours driving from Elkhart, IN to the Tulsa area on Thursday. They worked on the computer stuff today and we did a test run in the afternoon. Things appear to be working fine, so we will return to Indiana beginning on Monday. We WON'T be doing the return trip in one day.

One good thing though, is that we made it to Braum's today for lunch and 2 dips of Chocolate Chip ice cream.

Well, so much for good intentions. Got back to Indiana on Tuesday and the wife fired up the computers, just to check them out. All were "communicating," so we thought we were good to go.

Got up this morning to start work and something else went haywire. Now waiting for a part to come in (probably tomorrow morning), and then we'll try again. So far, we've had one day of actual work in what we are supposed to be doing. I think we jinxed this van.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sick of this already ...
View attachment 139734 View attachment 139735 View attachment 139736

and summer has barely started. Thank goodness I don't have to work out in it anymore!

Eh not too bad right now, I use to work for the city of Norman in the parks dept mowing parks, I remember 2 years in a row we had temps hitting 112 they made us stop about 2 in the afternoon and go sit in the shop due to it being way to hot and being unsafe. Now I work at Lowes inside but its still bad since they won't turn on the ac below 80 cost savings and all that, when I have to step outside I am glad I am in side where its 80 and not where its 100.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One thing I wish for the marlin model 60 was there was more aftermarket to dress it up. There is some stocks boyds but come at a price, I did find one I kinda like its got a tactical look to it, from what I have read its pretty close to drop in replacment, some say it made the gun lighter. Its by ati force dragunov stock, its synthetic, combat hunting has it for 41 bucks, I am thinking in aug I have a extra paycheck and want to but it, just because and 2 makes my marlin different at least a little bit.

I have thought about making my own stock out of a chunk of good wood but don't know how hard or complicated that would be, I am sure you would want a good hardwood and straight grain running down the stock, but would be worried about the wood cupping or warping and messing up, guess only way to find out is try it.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Evening gang,

Back home from Grand lake.
We took our grandson and some neighbors on the boat this morning for the "Grand Bobber Drop". Local businesses donate prizes and they drop 6500 fishing bobbers with numbers on them out of a plane across the lake. The idea is to find them and scoop them up in a net, take them into town and turn them in at the local tackle & sports shop to see what you won.
There were hundreds of boats and jet skis all across the lake but we did find quite a few.
We won some jewelry, Yeti's, boat accessories and free ice cream for our grandson.
So it was a fun morning. Now back to the real life.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next time you are out there take someone along who is dive certified and drop them in the water and fly the dive flag right before the drop. Legally no one can come within 150 feet of you. https://www.boat-ed.com/oklahoma/handbook/page/42/Diver-Down-Flags/

It's dirty pool but it guarantees a big haul just take along a bunch of people and put them in inter-tubes. Probably won't get away with it twice though...

Latest posts

Top Bottom