OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys.
Today is our grandsons birthday. He will be 7 years old. Man how times fly.
We are taking cupcakes that he asked for to the party. He requested strawberry cupcakes with strawberry icing. They are having the party at Top Golf. Should be lots of fun for him.
Have a great day.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning guys.
Today is our grandsons birthday. He will be 7 years old. Man how times fly.
We are taking cupcakes that he asked for to the party. He requested strawberry cupcakes with strawberry icing. They are having the party at Top Golf. Should be lots of fun for him.
Have a great day.

If you happen to make a side trip over to the Cabela's, prepare to be disappointed. Yesterday, they had nearly empty gun cases (except for optics). Nearly nothing in the Gun Library. Made me sad!

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you happen to make a side trip over to the Cabela's, prepare to be disappointed. Yesterday, they had nearly empty gun cases (except for optics). Nearly nothing in the Gun Library. Made me sad!

Well crap,
That was exactly my intention. Thanks for the heads up.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yesterday was interesting. Got up as normal and went about normal things and prepared to head to town to help our youngest son with some of the stuff with his "new-to-him" home. Got through shaving in the RV and noticed that the water drained pretty slowly from the sink. Looked down into the shower, and water was backing up there into the bottom. Come to find out, the temps have been so cold (minus 16 at the lowest) that the sewer drain pipe had frozen up outside, thus filling up the grey tank to the point of it backing up into the shower.

We have a short, clear plastic section in our sewer line so I can watch when dumping and flushing the tanks, and that section showed to be solid ice inside. Still had to go to town, so we went on to do that. I figured that when we returned, I would have to throw a tarp over the sewer line and put an electric heater in under it. But, since it got up to around 45 degrees yesterday, that all thawed out by the time we got home. First time ever seeing that happen in the RV, and we've been in some pretty darn cold areas.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning OSA!

29695267_1638200612924873_7897327241778588815_n.jpg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad it all worked out for you Terry. Frozen pipes, lines, plastic tubes can be a mess if they burst.

Newer RV's tend to use PEX line for plumbing. While there is still a chance of PEX "fittings" failing, the line itself will expand when frozen and then return to normal when it warms up and thaws. Almost 10 years now of living full time in our fifth wheel, and in all that time there has only been two fittings fail, and that wasn't even because of freezing. I now have a PEX crimping tool and clamps in the RV.

Living in an RV is fun...

...in more ways than one.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Newer RV's tend to use PEX line for plumbing. While there is still a chance of PEX "fittings" failing, the line itself will expand when frozen and then return to normal when it warms up and thaws. Almost 10 years now of living full time in our fifth wheel, and in all that time there has only been two fittings fail, and that wasn't even because of freezing. I now have a PEX crimping tool and clamps in the RV.

Living in an RV is fun...

...in more ways than one.

We had some pex failures this past two weeks, rare but even pex says it can freeze. I like you, have been in my home for 16 years and had no issues

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom