OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning folks. It’s a beautiful morning here at Grand Lake. Pretty quite at the moment but will surely pickup in the next hour or so.

View attachment 276119

No offense meant, Dancer, but you suck as a photographer....

....no closeup picture of the bird?

Shame on you.

(Otherwise, good shots.)

On a side note, the wife brought up the fact that it has "greened-up" now, so maybe we should take a day and go "shooting" with the cameras. Thinking about heading down towards the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge and Mount Scott. The couple of times we were down that way, Mount Scott was closed off for some reason or another.

Also, I've been thinking of checking out Lake Lawtonka and maybe Lake Ellsworth. One of our OSA members (OkieJoe, I think) has an RV park near Lake Lawtonka, so we might try to meet up with him.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lol!
Yes it is a fake Bald Eagle. It’s a metal bird. I put it up there about 5 years ago. It’s really cool because when there are clouds in the sky, you can really see the white head.
I will take a better pic of it tomorrow. I love Bald Eagles and we have had on perched on that very same tree in the past. Below the dam here on Grand are numerous eagles nest. Very cool to visit and see.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No offense meant, Dancer, but you suck as a photographer....

....no closeup picture of the bird?

Shame on you.

(Otherwise, good shots.)

On a side note, the wife brought up the fact that it has "greened-up" now, so maybe we should take a day and go "shooting" with the cameras. Thinking about heading down towards the Wichita Mountains Wildlife Refuge and Mount Scott. The couple of times we were down that way, Mount Scott was closed off for some reason or another.

Also, I've been thinking of checking out Lake Lawtonka and maybe Lake Ellsworth. One of our OSA members (OkieJoe, I think) has an RV park near Lake Lawtonka, so we might try to meet up with him.
Just let me know when you and your wife head this way. It’s definitely green down this way now.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeppers...

....the one on that short branch.

Or, is that a fake to keep away other predators?
Here is a better pic of my bald Eagle that was in the previous picture. Imagine it when the clouds are behind it.
It’s a metal bird and the little branch it is sitting on is a metal spike.

FB21D15F-D75E-47DA-A8C9-410BC86A63A8.jpeg

Latest posts

Top Bottom