OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got back from the VA Medical Center in OKC late yesterday. Spent several hours there having my eyes evaluated for cataract surgery which has now been scheduled (for the right eye) on June 29th. Being that I have no SO at home to help out, I'll have to spend a couple of days recovering in a nursing center. Wish me luck guys!
Good luck with the eye surgery Chuckie.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thank you David for the good wishes and it's nice to hear that your results were good. I would be liing to say that I wasn't a tad bit concerned about the outcome because these old bones don't deal as well as they use to 🤔

I can't speak for everyone, but I had the cataract surgery in both eyes back around May of 2013. While I went into the first surgery with GREAT trepidation, it turned out to be easy as all get out. (Whatever drugs they used were GREAT!) When it came time for the second eye, I was so relaxed that they stopped in mid-procedure and the nurse said to me, "Terry, we REALLY need for you to take a deep breath." Apparently, I was so relaxed that I was breathing shallow and they weren't sure that I even was.

Biggest thing with recovery was to keep the eye drop bottle handy. In my case, it was two months that they didn't "clear" me for driving, so the wife got to put up with an a## of a back seat driver.

Prayers and good thoughts are with you.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Speaking of eyes, I went in today for the latest eye injection treatment for my Macular Degeneration. The doctor says I'm improving quite well. In fact, instead of having to return for my next appointment in 8 weeks, it has been extended to roughly 9 weeks before I have to have the next injection.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't speak for everyone, but I had the cataract surgery in both eyes back around May of 2013. While I went into the first surgery with GREAT trepidation, it turned out to be easy as all get out. (Whatever drugs they used were GREAT!) When it came time for the second eye, I was so relaxed that they stopped in mid-procedure and the nurse said to me, "Terry, we REALLY need for you to take a deep breath." Apparently, I was so relaxed that I was breathing shallow and they weren't sure that I even was.

Biggest thing with recovery was to keep the eye drop bottle handy. In my case, it was two months that they didn't "clear" me for driving, so the wife got to put up with an a## of a back seat driver.

Prayers and good thoughts are with you.
Thanks for the insight Terry. Yeah, doc already said it would be at least 3-weeks of recovery time. Guess I'm gonna' have to avoid the "Future x-wife" thread for awhile :cry11:

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of eyes, I went in today for the latest eye injection treatment for my Macular Degeneration. The doctor says I'm improving quite well. In fact, instead of having to return for my next appointment in 8 weeks, it has been extended to roughly 9 weeks before I have to have the next injection.
That's good news, for sure. Good luck with the continued treatment, my friend 👍

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I took my wife to OKC yesterday for a Dr. appointment, and we both couldn’t wait to get out of the big city afterwards. When we got home, we took the boat out and tried to find the saugeye. Only caught one that was very small, but we had a good afternoon together. I consider myself very lucky to have a wife that would rather put a line in the water than spend an afternoon shopping.

Latest posts

Top Bottom