OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Raido Free America

Radio Free America
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess what they say about losing your memory as you get older is correct. Just got down from the roof from repairing a vibrating electric roof vent. Holy Mother!!! That roof was a lot steeper, hotter, and rougher than I remembered from the last time I was up there!

Just got a pot of pasta gravy (sauce) simmering for the evening meal.

Next up ---- the lawn!!

I discover things I'm too old to do, all the time, usually when I try to do them! I had to call down a loud mouth punk at a Home Depot parking lot, recently. for using LOUD foul language. This guy was about 30, and I'm 76! It suddenly occurred to me, I hope fighting is not one of the things, I can't do anymore! As it turned out it didn't come to blows, and probibly a good thing!

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I discover things I'm too old to do, all the time, usually when I try to do them! I had to call down a loud mouth punk at a Home Depot parking lot, recently. for using LOUD foul language. This guy was about 30, and I'm 76! It suddenly occurred to me, I hope fighting is not one of the things, I can't do anymore! As it turned out it didn't come to blows, and probibly a good thing!
Yeah, I hate it when it gets to one of those . . . "Maybe it would have been better if . . . ", moments 🤔

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I guess what they say about losing your memory as you get older is correct. Just got down from the roof from repairing a vibrating electric roof vent. Holy Mother!!! That roof was a lot steeper, hotter, and rougher than I remembered from the last time I was up there!

Next up ---- the lawn!!

LOL! I know exactly what you mean! The last time I got on our roof, I decided that was THE LAST TIME I was getting on our roof!

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Next up ---- the lawn!!

Old age or too much pasta?

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good day, All.

This weekend has proven to "kind of" be a downer. We went to Elk City to get some free tires, and when we got back, I checked a few places for getting them mounted and balanced.

Then the wife popped up and gave me the downer (sort of.) She suggested we could find someone that could come out to the RV park and do the tires here with a mobile rig. It seems that she doesn't want a 76 year old, overweight husband out in the heat and manhandling tires and wheels.

Maybe she has a point. We've contacted a place in OKC that is supposed to get me a quote in a day or two.

I'm sure that I could get the job done, but I'd have to do it one tire at a time by taking them to town and having it done. Time was, I broke semi-truck tires down by hand for repair, but I'm not really interested in doing that anymore. Hopefully, their price won't be too extravagant.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good day, All.

This weekend has proven to "kind of" be a downer. We went to Elk City to get some free tires, and when we got back, I checked a few places for getting them mounted and balanced.

Then the wife popped up and gave me the downer (sort of.) She suggested we could find someone that could come out to the RV park and do the tires here with a mobile rig. It seems that she doesn't want a 76 year old, overweight husband out in the heat and manhandling tires and wheels.

Maybe she has a point. We've contacted a place in OKC that is supposed to get me a quote in a day or two.

I'm sure that I could get the job done, but I'd have to do it one tire at a time by taking them to town and having it done. Time was, I broke semi-truck tires down by hand for repair, but I'm not really interested in doing that anymore. Hopefully, their price won't be too extravagant.

I think it's hard for most of us to admit that we can't do some of the things that used to take little effort. My mind thinks I'm still 25, the body says, "Wait just a minute, bucko!"

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom