OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Worked in a calibration, temp at 68°, year round.

I sweat at 75°. Wif is freezing, below 80°.

Now, da roni, heat, dust, and mold. I am miserable and can't breathe.
Some folks in winter tend to freeze
While others sweat and smother
And by some tricky quirk of fate
They marry one another.
:laugh6:

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening folks.

The wife and I spent most of the morning in town doing some shopping and looking for back splash tile. We are getting ready to change out our counter tops and have our cabinets painted. Our kitchen is just really dark here at the lake and we want to lighten it up some. Going with a white and muted grey vein for the counter tops. White or off white upper cabinets and grey or slate blue for the bottoms. We will see.

Came back, had lunch and then we went out on the lake (Grand) and did some boating and floating for most of the afternoon. We came back in for dinner (Pizza) and then I went back out and did some trolling for about an hour. Caught half a dozen of white bass and called it a night.

We will see what tomorrow holds.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Some folks in winter tend to freeze
While others sweat and smother
And by some tricky quirk of fate
They marry one another.
That's us. I worked in a power plant in temps that reached 140 degrees around the superheaters. Of course we had to cycle in and out of that area to keep from cooking, but everywhere else in that plant was just downright hot as well. Turbine floor ran over 120 degrees during the summers and so on.
Wife worked in a perfect temperature 72 degree office for 40 some years.
We fight over the thermostat.
I have no issues working outside in these temps and have been doing so every day.
To cool down, it's better for me to go into the non-cooled shop and sit in front of a fan for a few moments, then getting back after it.
If I try to cool down in the house with AC, the sweat just rolls off of me and it's uncomfortable. Temp change is too different.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's us. I worked in a power plant in temps that reached 140 degrees around the superheaters. Of course we had to cycle in and out of that area to keep from cooking, but everywhere else in that plant was just downright hot as well. Turbine floor ran over 120 degrees during the summers and so on.
Wife worked in a perfect temperature 72 degree office for 40 some years.
We fight over the thermostat.
I have no issues working outside in these temps and have been doing so every day.
To cool down, it's better for me to go into the non-cooled shop and sit in front of a fan for a few moments, then getting back after it.
If I try to cool down in the house with AC, the sweat just rolls off of me and it's uncomfortable. Temp change is too different.

Dennis, don't get an 'ice cream headache' by trying to cool down too quickly!!

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Urgh ... Pinched nerve is giving me hell tonight. I'd say I'm glad I have tomorrow off but I have blueberries and blackberries that need to be canned, apples that need to be made into butter and pineapple that needs to be cleaned and put in the freeze dryer. Oh and ham slices I have no idea what to do with -- outta room in the freezer but it was clearanced to $1.00 a package because they got pushed to the back of the freezer and the best buy date was the same day it was put out. I got it still frozen so put it in the back of the fridge. It's still partially frozen but I can't eat 20 pounds of ham in a week. Any ideas would be VERY welcome ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom