OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’m pretty lucky in the fact that we know the contractor personally and the subs that he is using. Our next door neighbor’s son has worked for him for a number of years. It’s good to have one you trust.
From the sound of yours, I think it is time to do some noise-mailing or start looking for another on. Yikes!

That’s for sure when it comes to some doctors. That ego it so far out in space. I few of my students are nurses and they don’t have much respect for most of the doctors that they have to work with. They call the egomaniacs that do nothing but smile at the patient and ***** at the nurses. Lol.
Good luck with that.

Well I was right. This has less to do with getting me fixed up and more to do with some kind of personal pissing contest between him and one of my other doctors. Working for lawyers all those years netted me the ability to get people to tell me things they wouldn't confess to their mothers ... Or priests ... Damned *******. Oh well ... He doesn't know it yet (and I'm sure doesn't care) but he is fired. Now to just gut it out until I can get into the other doc and get back on the straight and narrow. He wasn't perfect but at least he would LISTEN ... And TRY to help me out.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening like minded friends,

Had a rough couple of days. Was feeling bad Monday with a slight headache and queasy stomach but made it through Monday at work.
Woke up at 4am yesterday with a splitting migraine headache. I was basically in bed in the dark all freaking day and last night until I was able to fall asleep. UGH!!!
Woke up this morning feeling much better. Still have a slight headache and upset stomach but was able to work most of the day today. ‘

Told the wife I was done so we loaded up the SUV and heading to the lake house. We got here around 6:30 this evening. I’m looking forward to some quite time on the water this weekend.
The wife and I had the stomach junk last weekend. Hers was 24 hours but mine turned into 48. Low grade fever, headache etc. she had lots of bathroom trips but mine was more nauseating with a kneel to the throne. Glad that crap is over.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Afternoon folks,
Had a great day today. Got up really early and did some bass fishing. Only caught 3 dinks but had a great time and the weather was awesome.
Cooked out on the deck for lunch. Celebrating my Mom’s 78th birthday with some smash burgers 🍔n the Blackstone and played some rummy.
Now I’m sitting on the boat out in the lake, just relaxing.

Sunrise this morning as I was heading out.
BF83DF42-95D6-46C2-BE40-69515E41B191.jpeg

Me now, lol

AE94CB9B-6EE9-481F-92E7-382EEE639878.jpeg

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I had the stomach junk last weekend. Hers was 24 hours but mine turned into 48. Low grade fever, headache etc. she had lots of bathroom trips but mine was more nauseating with a kneel to the throne. Glad that crap is over.

Ohhhh that's a bummer. There's been some stomach thing making it's way thru the store. We've ALL been kneeling at the alter.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I were working our Summer job near Gainesville, TX about a week ago and ran across some pasture land that had rows of concrete "towers" with metal sticking up from the center. She was curious and looked up "internment camps" for the area and found out that during WWII, they had a training base there that was also used as a POW camp. Further research showed us that almost all the states had some form of POW camp during that time.

While there are still some structures there, I haven't been able to get back to see if they are from the same era. Mostly the foundation pillars and three silo-like structures that I take to have been water towers. Now, the cows occupy portions of the area.

If we can get back to that area in the future, I hope to check out those other structures. There is also a WWII memorial monument at the Texas tourist center just south of the Red River on I-35 that has information about the base and the units that trained there. I want to get back there and get photos as well.

Further research showed that Oklahoma may have had at least 2 POW camps as well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom