OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wind is getting up here in western OK already, noticed some tornado warnings out in the panhandles last couple of hours
Yep, I heard it suppose to be moving through the central part of the state sometime between 2am and 5am depending on what weatherman you listen to. Lol.
Ya’ll stay safe out there.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, I heard it suppose to be moving through the central part of the state sometime between 2am and 5am depending on what weatherman you listen to. Lol.
Ya’ll stay safe out there.
Marty Logan is up north saying its 47° and they're watching for tornadoes...crazy!

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, we've made YET ANOTHER trip to Elk City to try to get everything in our RV home done. This trip was to be there when the guy came out to put an ice maker in the brand new refrigerator. That whole mess has been screwed up. We ordered it on Nov. 29 and it was delivered to the RV dealership on Dec. 8, however, the ice maker kit for the fridge came in a box with the fridge, but hadn't been installed. So, yesterday (yes, a week later), the service guy shows up and says that the wrong ice maker kit was included, and he took it back with him.

We went to Conn's (where we bought it) and asked about what could be done. We were contacted by the service manager of their service provider who said that he, personally, would go to Elk City to install the new ice maker. He said he would call around 8:00 am today to inform us when he was leaving for Elk City. So, we drove over to be there and we finally get a call at 9:30 am or so, in which he explains that the ice maker kit didn't come in this morning and that it "might" come in tomorrow.

Fed up with Conn's and their delivery and service providers, we went back to Conn's and told them to just refund us our money and send someone out to retrieve THEIR refrigerator. That has been done and we've notified the dealership of what fridge we want and they will order it from Best Buy. Hopefully, that can be in somewhere before or around the first of the year.

However, we did get one bit of good news. When the wife called the dealership to inform them of what we had done and that Conn's would be picking up their fridge, the lady told us that our LAST WINDOW had come in and that the service techs were installing it as we spoke. YeeHAW!!!!

Now, we just wait for the refrigerator (which comes with an ice maker) to come in and get installed, and then we can move back into our home.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, when all this is finally finished, what will you do with all the spare time. You guys deserve a medal for your patience.

Hmmm...

...I don't know, but if the weather was going to be nicer, I'd definitely be on board for a road trip with the cameras.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we've made YET ANOTHER trip to Elk City to try to get everything in our RV home done. This trip was to be there when the guy came out to put an ice maker in the brand new refrigerator. That whole mess has been screwed up. We ordered it on Nov. 29 and it was delivered to the RV dealership on Dec. 8, however, the ice maker kit for the fridge came in a box with the fridge, but hadn't been installed. So, yesterday (yes, a week later), the service guy shows up and says that the wrong ice maker kit was included, and he took it back with him.

We went to Conn's (where we bought it) and asked about what could be done. We were contacted by the service manager of their service provider who said that he, personally, would go to Elk City to install the new ice maker. He said he would call around 8:00 am today to inform us when he was leaving for Elk City. So, we drove over to be there and we finally get a call at 9:30 am or so, in which he explains that the ice maker kit didn't come in this morning and that it "might" come in tomorrow.

Fed up with Conn's and their delivery and service providers, we went back to Conn's and told them to just refund us our money and send someone out to retrieve THEIR refrigerator. That has been done and we've notified the dealership of what fridge we want and they will order it from Best Buy. Hopefully, that can be in somewhere before or around the first of the year.

However, we did get one bit of good news. When the wife called the dealership to inform them of what we had done and that Conn's would be picking up their fridge, the lady told us that our LAST WINDOW had come in and that the service techs were installing it as we spoke. YeeHAW!!!!

Now, we just wait for the refrigerator (which comes with an ice maker) to come in and get installed, and then we can move back into our home.
We love our RV and the lifestyle that goes with it, but your story is not uncommon when they need repairs. There are some VERY reputable repair facilities but there are others that are not.
We needed repairs on the slide gear motor in our old rig and the place we took it to lied to us weekly about when it was going to be done. After too months of hearing the parts were out for delivery and it would be a week before repairs could be done, we went and picked it up with the old parts laying all over the floor.
Took it to Arnold RV in Enid and had it done in a week. We had it back over there awhile later to pick it up after some more repairs which were done promptly.
I have nothing but good to say about this business.
It's a fake book link and I couldn't find a normal website but here is the link.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063636847818Arnold RV repair.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We love our RV and the lifestyle that goes with it, but your story is not uncommon when they need repairs. There are some VERY reputable repair facilities but there are others that are not.
We needed repairs on the slide gear motor in our old rig and the place we took it to lied to us weekly about when it was going to be done. After too months of hearing the parts were out for delivery and it would be a week before repairs could be done, we went and picked it up with the old parts laying all over the floor.
Took it to Arnold RV in Enid and had it done in a week. We had it back over there awhile later to pick it up after some more repairs which were done promptly.
I have nothing but good to say about this business.
It's a fake book link and I couldn't find a normal website but here is the link.
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100063636847818Arnold RV repair.

You obviously don't know the folks at the dealership that is working on our RV. We've known them since we started researching for the RV that we would want to live in. When we "found" them, they were buying used DRV's at auction and fixing them up to resell, so we drove over to see what they had and to see if the pictures they posted on their website were accurate. They were and the RV's looked immaculate, but they didn't have a unit that had a floorplan that we liked.

We had issues with the RV refrigerator after two years and decided to replace it with a residential fridge. They told us that they wanted to come to OKC and help us modify the space in the slide for the fridge so that it would take the residential. They didn't charge us a thing for helping because he said he wanted the experience of doing it in case anyone else wanted to change out to a residential fridge.

They desired to be dealers for brand new units instead of just used ones, so they got in touch with the factory rep for the company. The rep contacted me and asked about them. I told the rep that for customer service, they would be hard to beat, but because they were going to be dealers for ONLY DRV units, I was afraid that their cash flow might suffer. DRV units were/are just below custom built RV's, so they would be trying to sell very expensive units.

I was really wrong about them. They did become new dealers and in their very first year, there were in the top 10 range of dealers for DRV's in the entire U.S. By the next year, and probably ever since then, they have been in the top 2 or 3 dealers in the U.S.

Latest posts

Top Bottom