OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hauled a couple roosters to my brother in laws today, my son ended up with an even 3:3 split of roosters/hens, so 2 had to go. Also got my daughter's truck serviced, changed oil/oil filter/fuel filter/topped off coolant/evened out all the tire pressures...had to get that summer air out of them 🤣

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Our first Christmas will be tomorrow with the wife's side of the family. Usually we all get together with both families on Christmas Eve, but with parental custody, blah, blah, this is the only weekend we can get together with all the great nieces and nephews.
There will be 12 in attendance with an Italian food theme. Hopefully a short flag football game in the front yard.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did get some really bad news this morning. One of our neighbors up at the lake was found dead in his motor home. The wife plays cards with my mom every week. She didn't show up yesterday for cards and nobody heard from them in the past week. They called the park manager, and she went to check on them.
She called the Sheriff and were able to break through the door. Found the husband dead and the wife nearly dead. She was life flighted to some hospital in Joplin. The coroner said that he had been dead for at least two days and died from a Propane leak in the motorhome. So sad and scary. We have about 12 folks that live up there in RV's and Motorhomes and this is the second propane incident. The first one the couple got really sick bur recovered.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did get some really bad news this morning. One of our neighbors up at the lake was found dead in his motor home. The wife plays cards with my mom every week. She didn't show up yesterday for cards and nobody heard from them in the past week. They called the park manager, and she went to check on them.
She called the Sheriff and were able to break through the door. Found the husband dead and the wife nearly dead. She was life flighted to some hospital in Joplin. The coroner said that he had been dead for at least two days and died from a Propane leak in the motorhome. So sad and scary. We have about 12 folks that live up there in RV's and Motorhomes and this is the second propane incident. The first one the couple got really sick bur recovered.
That is very sad news! When you say propane leak, was it truly a propane leak or carbon monoxide poisoning? You might strongly recommend to others staying in their RV’s to check for leaks and have propane leak detectors installed as well as carbon monoxide detectors.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That is very sad news! When you say propane leak, was it truly a propane leak or carbon monoxide poisoning? You might strongly recommend to others staying in their RV’s to check for leaks and have propane leak detectors installed as well as carbon monoxide detectors.
Yes, the Sheriff said it was propane. Very distinct smell of propane.
The manager of the park put out a post on our neighborhood Facebook page suggesting that everyone who is using propane to double check for leaks. When we go back up there Wednesday, I will suggest they get propane and carbon monoxide detectors for sure.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I double checked our RV today after hearing about the folks dying. We have both propane and two carbon monoxide detectors plus fire alarms.
I thought all RV’s in recent years were required to have them factory installed?
Of course it’s up to the owners to test and maintain them.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I double checked our RV today after hearing about the folks dying. We have both propane and two carbon monoxide detectors plus fire alarms.
I thought all RV’s in recent years were required to have them factory installed?
Of course it’s up to the owners to test and maintain them.

Ours is a 2010 and has both types of alarms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom