OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I screwed up and brought my wife to Metro Merch, and this place is CHAOS! My bit of OCD is about to drive me crazy in here LOL
I went in there one time, to see what it was all about. Havenā€™t been back. Crazy concept, lots of people that looked like they would not pass the Walmart dress code.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went in there one time, to see what it was all about. Havenā€™t been back. Crazy concept, lots of people that looked like they would not pass the Walmart dress code.
That was my deal today. We hadn't been there yet, and I already said I don't plan to go back! MAYBE if they had things sorted by type, but not the way it is now.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That was my deal today. We hadn't been there yet, and I already said I don't plan to go back! MAYBE if they had things sorted by type, but not the way it is now.
I had never heard of Metro Merch and had to google it, and thereā€™s no way Iā€™d submit myself to that madness. Youā€™re a better man than me.:bowdown:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It seems that Wednesday morning at 10:00 is when the new stuff is out. I have been past there several times prior to 10, and they are lined up around the corner and the parking lot is full. Iā€™m going to go sit in the parking lot of that Wendyā€™s across the street just to watch the herd stampede when the door open.

clintbailey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had never heard of Metro Merch and had to google it, and thereā€™s no way Iā€™d submit myself to that madness. Youā€™re a better man than me.:bowdown:
Maybe just dumber! I figured it'd be a little crazy, never expected Walls and Big Lots to look like well oiled machines in comparison!

It seems that Wednesday morning at 10:00 is when the new stuff is out. I have been past there several times prior to 10, and they are lined up around the corner and the parking lot is full. Iā€™m going to go sit in the parking lot of that Wendyā€™s across the street just to watch the herd stampede when the door open.
The signs inside said the new stock hits on Friday/Saturday. Wednesday is like 50 cent day IIRC, probably why the line is so bad.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I had to check it out too. Ummm, maybe Iā€™ll do that. My wife will probably like it but Iā€™d be a reluctant passenger.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the mountains around Superior AZ today with friends to mine Apache Tears. We found around 40.
Real history is that US Calvary was chasing a war party of Apaches in the Superstition Mountains, finally cornering them on a cliff.
Instead of submitting to capture, they chose to ride their horses off the cliff to their death.
The legend is the Apache Tears were the tears of the wives and children of the worriers left on the ground.
In reality they are volcanic glass that were formed during a volcanic eruption.
Typically found in formations of perlite. They can be from bb size to golf ball size in what we have found.
Once polished, you can see through them with interesting patterns inside the ā€œtearsā€.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Went to the mountains around Superior AZ today with friends to mine Apache Tears. We found around 40.
Real history is that US Calvary was chasing a war party of Apaches in the Superstition Mountains, finally cornering them on a cliff.
Instead of submitting to capture, they chose to ride their horses off the cliff to their death.
The legend is the Apache Tears were the tears of the wives and children of the worriers left on the ground.
In reality they are volcanic glass that were formed during a volcanic eruption.
Typically found in formations of perlite. They can be from bb size to golf ball size in what we have found.
Once polished, you can see through them with interesting patterns inside the ā€œtearsā€.
I love to hear about those old legends. My daughter still remembers fondly, the 'Legend of Falling Rocks' that I told her when she was a wee child - shes' in her upper 40's now šŸ˜Š

Osage1978

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
šŸ˜ drinking hard on my birthday
IMG_20230115_155159345.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom