OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's interesting that some, many, or a lot of people have such a problem with this, being that 'Drag' was a staple of the Vaudville stage shows during the early 20th Century, and that it is quite likely that many of our Grandparents and possibly even some of our parents may have occasionally attended [and enjoyed] such shows 🤣

https://dragqueenaccessories.com/pa...ormances-a-comprehensive-history-and-analysis

Last edited:

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's interesting that some, many, or a lot of people have such a problem with this, being that 'Drag' was a staple of the Vaudville stage shows during the early 20th Century, and that it is quite likely that many of our Grandparents and possibly even some of our parents may have occasionally attended [and enjoyed] such shows 🤣

https://dragqueenaccessories.com/pa...ormances-a-comprehensive-history-and-analysis
I agree, but in today’s world of gender confusion, dressing up in drag isn’t near as funny. :anyone:

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

It was a form of entertainment, but it wasn’t forced on us by our government. It’s like we are expected to consider it normal now. It’s not normal!!!

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There were a lot of things in our history that were considered “Ok” or normal. Ie Slavery, openly racism, public hanging,etc but we have grown and understand these are hideous and have no place in current society. In the current challenges of our times I think drag queen shows fall in this category especially when public state university facilities are being utilized

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was a form of entertainment, but it wasn’t forced on us by our government. It’s like we are expected to consider it normal now. It’s not normal!!!
I'm not defending it but exactly where, how, or when was 'Drag' forced on you by our gov?
I understand that 'Drag' has become 'trendy' among some demographics and that some companies/corporations have changed some of their marketing strategies to reap the potential profits available from that demography, but again, I don't understand why you believe you have been forced into anything. Don't like the idea of a 'Drag' show, don't go. Don't like 'Drag' inspired retail products, don't buy 'em.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not defending it but exactly where, how, or when was 'Drag' forced on you by our gov?
I understand that 'Drag' has become 'trendy' among some demographics and that some companies/corporations have changed some of their marketing strategies to reap the potential profits available from that demography, but again, I don't understand why you believe you have been forced into anything. Don't like the idea of a 'Drag' show, don't go. Don't like 'Drag' inspired retail products, don't buy 'em.
Ask anybody currently serving in our military if they are required to receive sensitivity training in regards to “accepting” trans people. My wife works on an army base (Fort Sill), and she has been required to attend several training classes on this issue. The individuals that conducted the training classes were men that were dressed as women. She also has received several emails about how to properly address these people. That’s one example of how our government is forcing it on us. I don’t have any proof, but I’m sure that it is the same across all government institutions. I agree that our government isn’t forcing it on folks in the general population, but it is definitely being forced on people that work for our government. As far as companies that support this behavior, I am making a conscious effort to not support them.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
”Forced” may be the wrong term, and the govt may not be behind the subliminal messages. However, “someone” has been working through advertising for years to make homosexuality and now transgenderism a cultural norm.
My solution was to cancel Direct TV, so I don’t have to see it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom