OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The drag shows of 10-30 years ago were a Vegas type thing that were mainly viewed for laughs, by adults. Now they occur a public libraries for the kids. They were silly entertainment, not an 'educational' event.
Yeah, I don't get the 'at your local library' thing. Libraries, by definition are a place of learning but I have to agree that some forms of 'learning' should be best left out. If some people want to attend a 'Drag' show then that's fine, but they need to go to an minimum 21-years old adults only venue to see it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ask anybody currently serving in our military if they are required to receive sensitivity training in regards to “accepting” trans people. My wife works on an army base (Fort Sill), and she has been required to attend several training classes on this issue. The individuals that conducted the training classes were men that were dressed as women. She also has received several emails about how to properly address these people. That’s one example of how our government is forcing it on us. I don’t have any proof, but I’m sure that it is the same across all government institutions. I agree that our government isn’t forcing it on folks in the general population, but it is definitely being forced on people that work for our government. As far as companies that support this behavior, I am making a conscious effort to not support them.
The exact reason I said I would never enlist in the Military under the current rules in another thread.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
”Forced” may be the wrong term, and the govt may not be behind the subliminal messages. However, “someone” has been working through advertising for years to make homosexuality and now transgenderism a cultural norm.
My solution was to cancel Direct TV, so I don’t have to see it.

It may not be "forced" upon us, but it seems about half of the ads on commercial TV nowadays have to bring the issues of homosexuality or gender identity into play in some manner. I don't want to see that crap ... ever. I don't have cable or DirecTV or any of that stuff. Haven't had for many years. I rely on an outside antenna, and I am still bombarded with that crap.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It may not be "forced" upon us, but it seems about half of the ads on commercial TV nowadays have to bring the issues of homosexuality or gender identity into play in some manner. I don't want to see that crap ... ever. I don't have cable or DirecTV or any of that stuff. Haven't had for many years. I rely on an outside antenna, and I am still bombarded with that crap.
Yep. I also rely on OTA channels but went to using a VPN now that allows me to 'stream' free media from other countries (UK, Germany, France, Spain, etc.). Less biased news and better entertainment.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Busy day today, so we are up a bit earlier than normal. I've got another eye injection appointment at 9:20 this morning. After that, we have some appointments in the process of selling our Ford F450 and a couple of other things going on.

I've been hesitant to sell the F450 because there might be a need to still move our RV on occasion, but we are selling it to someone working/managing the RV park, and he said that if needed, he would move our RV for us.

At least, we won't have to be insuring the truck anymore.

rockchalk06

ʞlɒʜƆʞɔoЯ
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
24 Hours later, barrel is clean!
1681404008662.png

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good evening, hopefully everyone had a good day. Mine was pretty rough. I almost lost a battle with a septic tank lid. Thought for sure that I had a full septic tank that needed to be pumped out. I’ve removed numerous lids over the years, but I have never had one stuck like the one today. I broke 2 4x4’s trying to pull it off, and I had my tractor up on two wheels for about an hour. That dang lid never budged. During the 4th hour of working with it, I finally got it broke loose with a steel beam, strap, and a floor jack. After all of that, the tank doesn’t need to be pumped. The inlet line has somehow settled down below the inlet to the tank. Since $h*t doesn’t flow up hill, I’ll be digging that up tomorrow and replacing it. Basically the only thing that I accomplished today was to verify that the tenants using the tank eat a good amount of corn.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We got a call this afternoon, and it looks like we may be starting our Summer jobs next weekend, around the 21st. Unless something changes, it looks like we start out with a couple of weeks work up in Rhode Island. Then, sometime after that, they want us working in South Carolina until around mid-July. In mid-July, they want us back in north Texas working the area we worked last year.

Glad to be having something to do and getting to see new places.

Latest posts

Top Bottom