OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That 82 mile stretch between Clayton, NM and Springer, NM is also pretty lonely...……...I may or may not have completed that section in 52 minutes.

Holy Crap what speed were you driving?
I run 90 through there with a 60 mph speed limit.

You are both very fortunate. I always meet highway patrolmen on that stretch of road! And, Dennis, that only works out to about 95 MPH, so you weren't far behind!

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You are both very fortunate. I always meet highway patrolmen on that stretch of road! And, Dennis, that only works out to about 95 MPH, so you weren't far behind!

I actually got stopped by a sheriff Deputy a couple years ago running 90. He checked my license and told me to slow down.
I hate that stretch of road.

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've only seen one LEO in the 35 years or so I've been running that stretch.

In the late 80's, I was on my motorcycle between Dalhart and Clayton. Was running about 75mph. All of a sudden I hearded a wild, shrill, shrieking sound ---- a Lamborghini Countach passed me like I sitting still. About 30 seconds later, a similar sound and I was passed by a Ferrari Testarossa. Probably 150 to 160mph for each!

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've only seen one LEO in the 35 years or so I've been running that stretch.

In the late 80's, I was on my motorcycle between Dalhart and Clayton. Was running about 75mph. All of a sudden I hearded a wild, shrill, shrieking sound ---- a Lamborghini Countach passed me like I sitting still. About 30 seconds later, a similar sound and I was passed by a Ferrari Testarossa. Probably 150 to 160mph for each!
I have been stopped 2 or 3 times out there for 20-30 over the speed limit. Verbal warnings each time. The last time the officer knew I was going to Red River NM and said he takes his family out there 2 or 3 times a year. He handed my license back to me and then said "be careful you have about 2.5 hours left" and smiled. I looked at my gps for the ETA and then I could tell he didn't expect me to slow down. Lol

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back before the 2016 presidential election my coworker a young 20 somethin kid and I got stopped in the company truck headed to Guymon. When the trooper walked up and introduced himself and asked for my DL. i handed it to him, said I was sorry and "We were talking politics." The trooper looked at me, obviously seeing the frustrated look on my face, then my punk coworker, handed back my license and said, "Oh, have a good day."

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good morning, Everyone. Wife turned the thermostat down last night. Woke up to 41 degrees outside and 61 degrees inside. She claims that she slept beautifully. I slept OK, thanks to a warming pad under our sheets, but I may need to pitch her a tent in the future. Whooofff!!! It's finally up to 66 degrees here now.

Glenenden Beach Wayside - Oregon coastline

Latest posts

Top Bottom