OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’ve spent the last three mornings camping out in a barn and drinking instant coffee and hating it, and as I’m now savoring my third cup of Mr Coffee’s wonderful creation at home, I got to thinking back to my childhood. I spent ALOT of time with my maternal grandparents as a kid, and since my parents didn’t drink coffee, my only exposure to it was at their house. For whatever reason, all my grandparents drank was instant coffee, and I never liked it but would drink it because my grandfather did. It wasn’t until I got in high school and started ordering coffee at a local diner we hung out in after church on Sunday nights that I developed a taste for real coffee. Now, I can’t imagine my life without it. :anyone:
It’s raining here in east TX right now, so it’s doubtful I’ll get much done this morning. Y’all have a good one!!!:thumb:

Tried it a couple of times no thanks lol.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In my 10+ years of working overseas (VN, Libya & Indonesia) I didn't drink anything but instant Nescafe that was sold in tin cans and available most everywhere and I remember it as being super strong and bitter.....acquired a taste for it and if I was traveling and got a cup of perked coffee in a airport or restaurant it tasted weak to me.

Been drinking Folgers Classic perked in a Mr. Coffee for many years but I do tend to brew it pretty stout.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We discovered a great campground called Purgatoire River Campground in 1976 and went there almost every year for decades, camping out in a camper. Over the years, we ended up selling the different campers and going back to tent camping.

In 2001, we went up there in late August for our vacation. When we arrived, one of the others in the campground advised us that a bear had been visiting the campground at night. That guy was one of two others that were there, but the were spending a lot of time on the mountains hunting deer. Then, a couple of days later, the same guy advised us that he was packing up and leaving and the other hunter was as well.

We chose to NOT be the only "host" if the bear decided to visit, so we went into Stonewall, CO and rented a cabin for the rest of our vacation. It was a nice cabin with the bedroom up in a loft.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up watching Hee Haw, and when the belt broke on my finish mower this morning, the lyrics to song “If it weren’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all” started running through my head. Fortunately, I had an extra in my barn. Unfortunately, it was 20 miles away from where I was mowing, and now it’s raining. :rolleyes2
Hope y’all are having a better day.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up watching Hee Haw, and when the belt broke on my finish mower this morning, the lyrics to song “If it weren’t for bad luck, I’d have no luck at all” started running through my head. Fortunately, I had an extra in my barn. Unfortunately, it was 20 miles away from where I was mowing, and now it’s raining. :rolleyes2
Hope y’all are having a better day.
New mower campaign on OSA?

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
New mower campaign on OSA?
Nah, I got the new belt on and am back in business.🤣
IMG_0562.jpeg

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had an opportunity once to go to Scott City, KS (and a bit further north) to see what is referred to as Battle Canyon, and I've posted a picture here taken at that canyon. In addition to the interest in the canyon, I also noted that there was a museum in Scott City that had information about the battle there. Among a number of interesting information, there was a good bit of old devices and implements.

Latest posts

Top Bottom