OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Terry Miller Scott Lake just North of there is very nice too Great facilities

That rally and trip was back about 13 or 14 years ago. Since then, the closest we've been to Carthage is driving by on I-44. But, thanks for the mention, just in case we get back up that way.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Amarillo, Texas has an RV dealership and RV museum. Jack Sisemore RV is the site and is on what is called "The Canyon Expressway." One can go into the dealership and ask to see the museum. In addition to the RV's, when I was there, there were also lots of motorcycles.

A VERY early teardrop travel trailer.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't talk about him much, but for the last ten years I had a companion living with me in my bedroom. His name was Guinness, and he was a black otter colored Mini Rex rabbit.
409135279_7921836544512989_4445710367358930105_n.jpg

When I came home from work yesterday, I found him lying on the floor. He had crossed the Rainbow Bridge. Now, ten years is a long time for a Mini Rex to live and I got him when he about a year old so he had eleven years of life with me.

I got him in March or April of 2014. My wife Holly had found him on Craigslist and after we got him home, we found out that he had been abused by an alpha rabbit. He had scabs on his back and was wary of eating, which meant he was underweight. Once he realized he wouldn't be attacked, he dug in and soon plumped up to about four pounds!

Guinness was an active rabbit. I shot a video of him playing:

A few months ago, he developed cataracts--his black eyes becoming clouded over--and I knew the end was near. I'm about to take him to be cremated. I'm not going to ask for the cremains. I'd rather remember him as he was.

Thank you for ten amazing years, my sweet boy. Binky free, Guinness, and I'll see you in Holly's arms again someday.

Last edited:

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Carthage, Missouri courthouse. We were attending an RV rally near Carthage when we decided to make a trip into town. I don't recall seeing any other courthouse with so many turrets.

What is really cool about that courthouse is that it is built of 💯 locally mined limestone called Carthage stone.

Latest posts

Top Bottom