OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was referring to the shoreline. Sorry that I said lake lever but it come up a lot from last Monday.
The lake level was 738ft when we got here on Monday and now after the rains on Tuesday and yesterday, the level is at 748.1ft. That is a rise of 10ft in lake level. The water line has now come up 18 foot closer to our place here on grand.
I fished a bass tournament on Grand in the 90's. Pretty much record flood waters for that time. Buddy and I were flipping jig and pig around a bird feeder in someone's backyard and she came out yelling at us. LOL....

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is my wife fishing off our deck when we had the flood up here 5 years ago.
And you can barely see our Volleyball net
20150530_080856.jpg
20150530_081015.jpg
20150530_103843.jpg
20150530_103903.jpg
20150530_121747.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pretty much what it looked like when we were fishing the tourney. Amazing amount of big timber comes down from Elk River and the upper end of the lake.
The home owners are responsible to clean up the debris from their property if it floats in on it back in the day we were told. Still that way?

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it is. During the last couple of floods, we would use the water to float the large trees out in the channel so that they would move on down from our place. I spent a couple of hours yesterday pulling 5 huge trees from around our marina. Some of the folks couldn't get there boats out due to the large logs.

The waterline on the bank had dropped about 2 feet as of tonight. I am assuming that they will take it down to 744 feet which is normal level for the summertime here on grand.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful morning, but I think I just heard that more rain was on the way.

Best Wishes to All!
Got all my fence rows sprayed with Glyphosate today to knock down the weeds and sprouting trees. Even if it rains, the stuff should be set. We got 1/2" last night. Used the tractor and front loader to clean out the ditches of piled up mud, leaves, sticks and rocks that washed into them from the deluge the other day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom