OSA Chit Chat Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The wife and I finally made it back home from out Idaho trip. Went up on I-35 and I-135 in Kansas to I-70 and headed west. Then from there into Colorado and north on I-25 to Cheyenne, WY. West on I-80 to northern Utah before turning north to Idaho and I-84. Hit a snow storm in Wyoming.

Came back via Utah and I-15 Kanab, UT and then went via Highway 89 from Kanab to Flagstaff and I-40.

Nice loop of driving, but didn't get many pictures. Mostly because of some health issues for me and for the wife's cousin.

OkieJoe72

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning, the official lake idiot holiday has begun. For those that don’t know, I own an RV park by Lake Lawtonka. I always dread the big summer holiday weekends because I spend most of my time policing the property and hoping that I don’t encounter some loud mouth drunk that thinks he can do whatever he wants. Most of the tenants are not trouble makers, but it’s the drunk friends that show up and think that they don’t have to respect anybody else around them. Littering is also a big irritation to me as well. When I catch someone throwing their trash on the ground, I’ve been known to pick it up and “hand it” back to them. I’m already looking forward to Tuesday. Enough of my gripes, hope everyone has a great and safe weekend. Please use the provided trash receptacles! 😀

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Finished all of the flowerbeds for 2022! 90% of the plants are perennials. Will make it much easier next year.
EF0DF2FB-A2D5-4AFC-9A16-3CF30A4A153A.jpeg

D2590166-1EAE-47DD-9402-47A00A459994.jpeg

Last edited:

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good morning, the official lake idiot holiday has begun. For those that don’t know, I own an RV park by Lake Lawtonka. I always dread the big summer holiday weekends because I spend most of my time policing the property and hoping that I don’t encounter some loud mouth drunk that thinks he can do whatever he wants. Most of the tenants are not trouble makers, but it’s the drunk friends that show up and think that they don’t have to respect anybody else around them. Littering is also a big irritation to me as well. When I catch someone throwing their trash on the ground, I’ve been known to pick it up and “hand it” back to them. I’m already looking forward to Tuesday. Enough of my gripes, hope everyone has a great and safe weekend. Please use the provided trash receptacles! 😀
Yes it has started, And I feel your pain. We have really good friends that own a marina and cabin rentals on Texoma. They have the same problems. Always dreading the drunk friends and family that come out to visit whoever is renting from them. I hear stories from them just about every week.

We have three docks that have 12 boats slips in each one here on Grand.
We have to run people off of our docks all the time. They will just pull up next to our docks, jump out of their boat and look around. When we confront them, most of the time they say they are fishing and they don’t even have a fishing pole in their hand. They are either wasted on drugs or drunk off their a$$.
We normally just pull out our phones, take a couple of pictures of them and their boat & registration number, them I tell them I’m calling the sheriff.
And it is amplified 10 times on holiday weekends.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Took the wife to see Top Gun Maverick tonight.
It was awesome. Predictable but awesome.
It did stay pretty true to the original Top Gun and picked up 30 years later. If you liked the original Top Gun, you will like Too Gun Maverick.
IMHO

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes it has started, And I feel your pain. We have really good friends that own a marina and cabin rentals on Texoma. They have the same problems. Always dreading the drunk friends and family that come out to visit whoever is renting from them. I hear stories from them just about every week.

We have three docks that have 12 boats slips in each one here on Grand.
We have to run people off of our docks all the time. They will just pull up next to our docks, jump out of their boat and look around. When we confront them, most of the time they say they are fishing and they don’t even have a fishing pole in their hand. They are either wasted on drugs or drunk off their a$$.
We normally just pull out our phones, take a couple of pictures of them and their boat & registration number, them I tell them I’m calling the sheriff.
And it is amplified 10 times on holiday weekends.
Speaking of getting on docks, Wife and I were bass fishing on Grand a few years ago. We were were approaching a dock with a couple sitting on it.
Knowing some are very protective of their docks and the structure they put under them to attract fish, advised the wife to quit throwing and we proceeded to take a wide path around their dock.
Gentlemen called out to us that we were missing a great fishing spot and we should fish their dock.
We did, not catching anything, but struck up a conversation with them, finally getting an invite to come aboard and share a tour of their 7 figure home and have a cocktail. We were in our 40’s at the time with them in their 70’s.
We did and enjoyed the afternoon with them. Great folks but we didn’t get back in the Grove area after that.

dancer4life

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Speaking of getting on docks, Wife and I were bass fishing on Grand a few years ago. We were were approaching a dock with a couple sitting on it.
Knowing some are very protective of their docks and the structure they put under them to attract fish, advised the wife to quit throwing and we proceeded to take a wide path around their dock.
Gentlemen called out to us that we were missing a great fishing spot and we should fish their dock.
We did, not catching anything, but struck up a conversation with them, finally getting an invite to come aboard and share a tour of their 7 figure home and have a cocktail. We were in our 40’s at the time with them in their 70’s.
We did and enjoyed the afternoon with them. Great folks but we didn’t get back in the Grove area after that.
Now there you go. I love this Dennis.
You and your were being very respectful of their place and their privacy and it paid off for you guys. Met new people, had drinks and toured their place. That there is good karma.
Yes, most of the folks up here on Grand are super nice people and as long as you show them and their property respect, they will show you a great time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom