Outdoor America

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been going to Fred Baker's since he was at his old location. Like somebody said, he wouldn't be in business so long if he wasn't doing something right. As for service, it is hit or miss. They sell a lot of guns. I agree sometimes they act like they are the only gun shop around.

I remember Mashburns at 10 & Penn also.

I like Big Boys for service, & might pay a little more for it.

sigsilly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
North of the Red River, South of the Cimarron
You mean old man Mashburn, on Eastern, by Tyler grips? You're kidding, right? Place with the higher than retail prices?

Mashburn's was on 16th and Penn, just north of AMC, on the east side of the road. They had a lot of goods for shooters.
And SW Shooters was about a mile away off of Virginia.
Back in the 70s through the early 90s shooters had a good selection of places to go in OKC besides Fred Bakers.
I remember when Fred Baker sold goods out of his garage before he opened up on 23rd and McArthur. Long before he bought the old Triumph motorcycle shop he's in now and converted it to Outdoor America.
Times have changed but Fred is still there because the man does know the gun business.
You'd be surprised at how much business Dale Cane, Gene Sears, and Fred Baker did together in super large wholesale purchases back in the 80s.

Latest posts

Top Bottom