Outsmarted the daughters again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How does it compare to a average car wash? Is 2000 psi the top of the line?
There are definitely bigger power washers than what I bought. Especially in gas versions like Dennis said. Biggest electric I saw was 2300psi The problem with going to a car wash is: getting this rig in and out, it's quite expensive to wash something this size and car wash owners/employees and other patrons get pissed when you are blowing cow crap everywhere. I've pulled into a car wash before just to wash my truck with a trailer hooked on and had the "attendant" come running over hollering "hey, you can't wash that here"! Lol. This job took the girls a solid 3hrs. Going by what it usually costs to wash my truck I'd say the job the girls did at home would've cost probably $80 or so at the car wash. This pressure washer cost $169.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our gas powered power washer is 3,800 psi, uses an 8 horse briggs motor. Its powerful enough to remove epoxy from concrete. And some of the concrete. Dad was recently looking at one that was 5,100 psi but you'd have to have a really good water source to supply it. Our 3,800 pretty much uses all the water volume that the city of edmond can supply through our faucet. If we turn on something inside the house it'll starve the pressure washer. When I use it at dad's house with his well pump, there is no problem whatsoever.

Latest posts

Top Bottom