Panhandler arrested, claims to have made $60,000 last year

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I thought that panhandling in OKC wasn't illegal unless you stepped into the street?

They'd looked at banning it recently, but found that it would have adversely affected the firefighters who do the "Fill The Boot" campaign.

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thursday I saw a man and woman panhandling. I was unable to see if they had a sign with a sob story. However the man was sitting in a folding chair and had a blanket or sheet draped over him covering the chair. From the backside you could see the chair legs. However, the woman was standing behind it leaning forward some and had her arms resting on the chairback.

100+ temps and covered with a sheet....it appears they were trying to look like he was in a wheel chair and she was pushing him.

Michael

Last edited by a moderator:

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've mentioned this before, but a few years ago a local news station did a story about panhandlers in Oklahoma. There was a book of coupons created that contained vouchers for free meals, free toiletries, free socks, and free rides. The company that put these together wanted to do a test run with these booklets, so a local news station took some (I think something like 100) and handed them out. I can't remember the exact percentages, but I'm going to get close enough to make the point, as the numbers surprised me. They found that only about 15% of "homeless" individuals accepted these coupon books. Of those coupon books handed out, only about 10% of the coupons were redeemed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom