Pellet Grill

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kindly clarify if you are referring to someone "destroying" a steak. Are you referring to wanting one "well done?" If so, then I may very well be the exception to your rule about "self respecting Americans." I might settle for "medium well", but NEVER so rare that blood runs out.

even with a very rare steak, it's not blood that you see run out

from a very knowledgable source

Most of the liquid in meat is water. The reddish color in meat and its juices is not caused by blood. It is the protein myoglobin dissolved in water. Myoglobin is found only in muscle, not in the blood stream. The blood was pretty much all drained out in the slaughter house. If the stuff on your plate when you sliced a steak was blood, it would be much darker, like human blood, and it would coagulate, like human blood. If the fluids were blood, then pork and chicken would be dark red. It's mostly just water, so let's stop grossing out our kids, and just call it juice.

Last edited:

Preacherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree 100%. We bought a Traeger for my wife for Mothers Day 2 years ago. No ashes to clean out and we've eaten something it's cooked at minimum twice a week since we've owned it. Cookies and cobblers cooked on it too.

This reminds me of the time that my dad bought my mom a John Deere tractor for mothers day.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A steak is destroyed any time it gets cooked more than medium.

Sorry, medium is destroyed. Medium well is totally destroyed, and well done is inedible.
If you can't chase it around your plate to kill it and make it bleed to death, it's too well done.
Wipe its a$$, knock off the horns and eat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom