Penetration and Overpenetration, how do you pick your loads?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most conceal carry people can at least hit the barn door:)

really wouldn't count on that .. used to not be able to hit the side of a barn door. it was amazing how awful I was. what made the difference was practice, lots and lots of it.

trigger time with an air pistol. an old brass Benjamin pump .177 air pistol with decent trigger. about same weight as a firearm and most importantly gives instant feedback if you are hitting the target. nothing fancy just a small cardboard box stuffed with rags with a target taped in front.

thousands and thousands of shots later .. you cannot help but improve. trigger time with an air pistol transfers to a firearm. the same is true for rifles .. set the trigger weight of a quality air rifle to what ever your hunting rifle's trigger weight is.

trigger time with an air rifle transfers across to firearms and is an excellent way to practice. my favorite is an old Beeman R7 with a Rekord two stage trigger set to same trigger weight as my deer rifle.

here's one that sold on armslist for $60 .. old brass Benjamin pump .177 air pistol. avoid modern Benjamin air pistols with awful triggers.
384908_01_benjamin_franklin_air_pistol_640.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom