People with opinions...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I honestly don't know how you stay married. I would fight with my wife....all the time if she thought that. It would most likely end in me being single and unable to afford any future gun purchases, due to alimony...

Believe it or not, she's come a long way since we've been together. Her first time shooting was a couple of years ago and she kicked ass. Had like a 4" grouping at 7 or 10 yards. Laughable to some, but for a first timer, it was pretty impressive. Her dad (who has a different opinion than his daughter) and I were trying to make her understand how well she was shooting. After that, not only did she get the gun range bug, but she considered buying her own handgun, getting some practice in, and eventually getting her SDA license.

But, she still believes several anti-gun ideals, like the one I mentioned above. She also mocks me when I carry to just run to the grocery store, "you know how violent those Edmond Crest shoppers are." Despite me repeating myself over and over again that crime can happen any time, any where, she seems to feel that there's a certain radius of safety around your home or something. You know how ex-smokers sometimes want to be around other people smoking while they're still trying to quit? My wife is sort of like that, she's trying to use logic and common sense, but still can't shake certain cravings for dumbassness when it comes to firearms.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update: He replied this morning that I am overly defensive about something that was not threatened in any way! He said I have him pegged as some anti-gun nut, and he's not, he just doesn't support the owning of assault weapons, and he thinks most gun owners go overboard.

I tried to explain that it IS threatened. And tried the old "ban cars to prevent deaths by drunk drivers" and finally I just said we will never see eye to eye on this so I'm going to drop it, it creates animosity and I don't want that.

n8thegr8

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife's aunt is an uber-liberal lawyer and we used to get in facebook spats about gun control, government spending, etc. Then I realized I don't like people, so I deleted my facebook account. Problem solved.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife's aunt is an uber-liberal lawyer and we used to get in facebook spats about gun control, government spending, etc. Then I realized I don't like people, so I deleted my facebook account. Problem solved.

I really have given that some serious thought. I may just start de-friending people that refuse to see reason.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's cool that she is coming along slowly. One thing that helped my wife see guns differently is when I took her to a 3-gun match and she saw that guns can be used for things that aren't scary. She is currently about halfway through her first AR build.

She now spends a great deal of time photographing the sport of shooting. www.michelecornelius.com

Believe it or not, she's come a long way since we've been together. Her first time shooting was a couple of years ago and she kicked ass. Had like a 4" grouping at 7 or 10 yards. Laughable to some, but for a first timer, it was pretty impressive. Her dad (who has a different opinion than his daughter) and I were trying to make her understand how well she was shooting. After that, not only did she get the gun range bug, but she considered buying her own handgun, getting some practice in, and eventually getting her SDA license.

Latest posts

Top Bottom