Personal Modern Banking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Uncle TK

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Direct Deposit: Paychecks – Social Security – Retirement - Pensions – IRA – Insurance Settlements – Sale of House or another large asset.

Phone App Deposit: Smaller Checks a person receives (Banks have Limit on Dollar Amount)

Bank Loans for Vehicles & Etc.: Fill out application online, if approved, sign online.

Pay Bills Online: No more lost checks by USPS. Or taking 10 days to go across town.

Credit Card of Debit Card: For Shooting Supplies – Restaurants - Etc.

ATM or New ITM: For Cash. (I use very little)

Allowances for Kids: Deposit to their Prepaid Debit Card. (Parents can see where they are spending money)

Checks: There is no need to be writing checks.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Checks: There is no need to be writing checks.
I think I've written four checks in the last five years, and two of them were voided checks for setting up direct deposit. (One of those turned out to be a waste of time and effort, because the company sent me a paper check, anyway.) I had to write two checks out of the estate account to close out an OEC account and clear a lien, but those are the only two "real" checks I've written.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wrote my first check this year to an auto repair shop last week. Had the wife drop me at the repair shop. I left my wallet and phone in her car and didn't have any cash. Luckily, at some point several months ago, I had left a checkbook in the truck that had been worked on so I was able to pay the man.

Latest posts

Top Bottom