Petition to Owner

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All I am asking for is some common sense forum rule reform. What is wrong with that?

We need an expanded membership form. Mandatory forum post count to prove a person can handle posting. And a classifieds limit until your forum 1 clears the alphabet mods.

EKing

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to be on mdshooters dot com, a site with a huge membership that had a 50 post minimum before a member could post anything to the classifieds. The thinking was the same; only those who are contributing members should be able to use the site to sell stuff. The 50 post minimum also applied to the Water Cooler; without the 50 posts, new members couldn't even see the Water Cooler.

What actually happened was that those home non-FFL dealers would join and rack up 50 posts in two days with nonsensical replies to everything and anything. One word posts in reply to serious discussions such as "yes", or "I agree" or the most common reply with no words and only emojis were the clue that the new guy was only there to sell stuff.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The key to the whole thing is advertising. The site advertises itself to advertisers and it does so by showing unique hits by other people advertising stuff no matter who they are. It isn't an ideal situation, but it's the one we're faced with. Things will no doubt get better some day, but until they do every man must make himself brave. Caveat Emptor and whatnot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom