Phil Robertson suspended from DD for gay comments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Repubiman

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So the geniuses at A & E have suspended Phil for comments he made about his beliefs on homosexuals.

Looks like they have really stirred the pot this time and who knows, might have cut their own throats.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/12/18/duck-dynasty-robertson-phil/
A&E broke its silence on Duck Dynasty star Phil Robertson’s anti-gay comments late Wednesday.

The cable network announced Robertson is off the hit show for the time being.

The network issued the following statement to EW: “We are extremely disappointed to have read Phil Robertson’s comments in GQ, which are based on his own personal beliefs and are not reflected in the series Duck Dynasty. His personal views in no way reflect those of A+E Networks, who have always been strong supporters and champions of the LGBT community. The network has placed Phil under hiatus from filming indefinitely.”

An A&E spokesperson confirmed this statement means exactly what it says: Robertson is off the show for an as-yet-undetermined period of time. The rest of his family will continue on the reality series.

Buddhaman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an agnostic, pro-gay rights guy I gotta say that I am very disappointed... with A&E. Those were his beliefs and he is fully allowed to say them. I believe different but get a kick out of the show anyway. It's not like everyone who watches Honey Boo Boo believes in being fat and unhealthy. He's a human being and is allowed to say what he thinks. Stupid execs being paranoid.

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As an agnostic, pro-gay rights guy I gotta say that I am very disappointed... with A&E. Those were his beliefs and he is fully allowed to say them. I believe different but get a kick out of the show anyway. It's not like everyone who watches Honey Boo Boo believes in being fat and unhealthy. He's a human being and is allowed to say what he thinks. Stupid execs being paranoid.

+1... I'm pretty pro-gay rights, but baiting the guy into sharing his obviously known personal opinion is straight shenanigans. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, and opinions, while occasionally inconvenient, are completely infallible. I'm hoping the Robertson clan walks out on A&E.

Johnny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
+1... I'm pretty pro-gay rights, but baiting the guy into sharing his obviously known personal opinion is straight shenanigans. Everyone is welcome to their opinion, and opinions, while occasionally inconvenient, are completely infallible. I'm hoping the Robertson clan walks out on A&E.

+2 on the walkout. Everyone is entitled to there own opinion.

Hemi4me

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
He has the right IMHO to his beliefs. They on the other hand own the network.
And he probably signed a contract.
After all is said and done they will be on another network entertaining.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A & E doesn't realize the backlash that is coming. The Robertson's will stand together or fall together. No Phil, no Willie, Si, Jase, etc. No stars, no show. No Duck Dynasty, no reason for anyone to watch A & E. I am sure another network would be glad to pick up the show.

Stoopid move on their part.

Latest posts

Top Bottom