Phil Robertson suspended from DD for gay comments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Who will speak up for the sheep?

This is all a PR stunt and a diversion.

And it is WORKING

WAKE UP SHEEPLE.

If one's significant other is a "sheeple", does that constitute beastiality? :D

Does whether or not someone wants to sleep with or worship a door knob matter?

Phil has a right to say what he wants, he has to deal with repercussions, if any.

A&E has a right to air what they want, they have to deal with repercussions, if any.

People can support who they want, they have to deal with repercussions, if any.

People can boycott who they want, they have to deal with repercussion, if any.

Some people apparently have little going on in their life to devote emotions, time, effort, or money to either side of the coin.

LGBT non-Christians should not care what Phil says, right?

LGBT Christians should forgive Phil for what he said right?

African Americans shouldn't be hurt/bothered by what Phil said, unless they loved him right?

What a person says should not matter unless it incites unlawful action.

If the apparently large LGBT and African-American audience DD has, was offended by what Phil said, then they're free to stop watching.

I can think Phil is an old unenlightened coot if I want, or I can have an unrequited and weird love for him if I want.

Two things:

Something offensive was said and people have very thin skin.

Something offensive was said by someone with a lot of $$$ that wields influence over many.

Does any of it really matter?

Wheel Gun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The really bizarre thing here is Cracker Barrel's original knee-jerk decision. If there is one restaurant chain in America with a clientele aligned with Phil and DD, it's them. I just don't believe that the Gay and Lesbian Alliance folks spend much time at CB. For them to instantly abandon Phil/DD is bizarre. I mean, they seemed to want to lead the parade in condemning them.

It's just dandy that they've changed their stance, but something's funny here. I suspect that someone in CB ownership or senior leadership is a BIG lib. Why else would they so quickly alienate their target customer base?

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sounds like a win-win situation to me. Duck Dynasty & Duck Commander merchandise is flying out of the stores, a lot of folks who never read "GQ" may buy a copy, people who barely heard of "Duck Dynasty" will watch the show to see what the deal is; LGBT folks got their hits in, Conservative Christians got some ink, rednecks in general have a sense of empowerment now, so the only real losers I see are probably the bestiality guys. Slickest marketing gimmick since "Who Shot JR"!!!

Cedar Creek

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What current controversy would be complete without Piers Morgan putting his foot in it?

Nicely done exposition of what the bible says about homosexuality.

Last edited by a moderator:

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Playing with pooo Playing with pooo and a wiener? Mentally challenged? Normal? Hate? The courts out for recess. The truth sounds like hate, to those that hate the truth

Latest posts

Top Bottom