Phones

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't want a cell phone from the git go but the wife said we NEEDED to have them so I got a couple of flip phones from AT&T ten or twelve years ago.....the wife carries her cell phone every time she leaves the house but mine pretty much sits on the dinning room table collecting dust.

I cut our bill in half by switching to Consumer Cellular a few months back and got new flip phones for switching and like the old ones they're "just phones".....by choice there's no texting, internet, missed call list etc. etc.

CC flip phone.jpg

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m an iPhone and AT&T customer forever. Never had another cell provider so I can’t compare. In our travels around this beautiful country we live in, we take hundreds of pics with our phones, browse through them save the ones we like and dump the rest. Photo apps at your fingertips.
We use my iPhone to download Netflix movies and cast them to the TV or use an HDMI adaptor. Use an app to level the RV, use the magnifier feature to read fine print, use the flashlight feature constantly, keep notes and appointments on the calendar which in turn notifies me when it’s time to go. We navigate all over the country with an app that tells us if there are red light or speeding cameras ahead or reroutes us if we don’t want to use toll roads.
The possibility’s are endless with what you can do with these things. Even browsing OSA!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I’m an iPhone and AT&T customer forever. Never had another cell provider so I can’t compare. In our travels around this beautiful country we live in, we take hundreds of pics with our phones, browse through them save the ones we like and dump the rest. Photo apps at your fingertips.
We use my iPhone to download Netflix movies and cast them to the TV or use an HDMI adaptor. Use an app to level the RV, use the magnifier feature to read fine print, use the flashlight feature constantly, keep notes and appointments on the calendar which in turn notifies me when it’s time to go. We navigate all over the country with an app that tells us if there are red light or speeding cameras ahead or reroutes us if we don’t want to use toll roads.
The possibility’s are endless with what you can do with these things. Even browsing OSA!
Yeah, I can do all that with my $5 phone.

I can't imagine ever spending several hundred dollars on a phone but there is a lot of high dollar stuff that members here spend money on that I manage to do without.

dirtrider73068

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I still have my samsung galaxy s4 its in its 3rd battery still works, I have tmobile prepaid unlimited talk text and up to 10gig data for 55 a month has served me fine for last about 5 years. I did have cricket till at&t bought them then ditched them went to tmobile, I hate at&t, hate anything apple will never own anything apple, to me they were not user friendly and just a material brand, their stuff cost way too much, I like android easy to use, can get apps anywhere not like i need alot of apps anyway. I don't spend alot of time on mine, I don't like to talk alot rather do a few short texts and be done with it.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just bought iPhone 5 about 6 months ago. It's the shizzle! Paid $95 at Ed's Video store. He reinstalls the operating program, updates it and I was good to go. I'll never waste my money on a new one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom