Pistol Brace "rules" signed by AG today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AppliedString1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everything I see is that a brace on a SBR will require you to register a tax stamp on that rifle. If the barrel is 16” the brace is okay? I’m most certainly confused because that doesn’t sound right at all. I hope this BS is thrown out.

A brace on a 16 inch barrel gun would be legal, but pointless. Braces were used for ARs that had a barrel length of LESS THAN 16 inches. When barrel length is greater than or equal to 16 inches, you can legally put a stock on the firearm.

The new brace ruling is aiming to attack firearms with less than a 16 inch barrel, it changes nothing about your rifle if the length of the barrel is 16 inches or greater.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What about people who have braces on mossberg shockwave type firearms, are they gonna need to form 1 it too?
It's my understanding that they are only talking about rifles. But I also understand that I'm not super well versed in all this and that it's the AFT we are talking about and they do what they want.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Bad news for anyone with foreign variants:

As I have been saying and AppliedString said above, just get a 16" barrel and a real stock and be done with it. That takes away all ambiguity for now.

If you wish to comply.

This makes legally purchased items (braces and short barrels) virtually worthless.

Or in the case of imported weapons, entire guns worthless.

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Reporting what the lawyer says the AFT told him personally. And remember that normally the Form 1 is submitted BEFORE the SBR is manufactured, not afterwards. Not to mention the paperwork burden they AFT is going to have in processing up to 40 million Form 1's for folks trying to register their pistols with braces as SBR's. Take it up with him, if you think it wrong.
Could be quite a few without functioning AR pistols who are also submitting a form 1 to take advantage of the "free" stamp, but will wait to put it together until after they get the stamp.

Anyone know if there is a counter listed some where that shows how many form 1's are in the queue?

Latest posts

Top Bottom