Police add mine resistant military vehicles to fleets around Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Government employees aren't trustworthy since they have no problem accepting stolen money each payday. Any who grew a conscience would resign and find a private sector job and contribute to society instead of remaining government welfare recipients...

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm as concerned about the militarization of police as the next guy, but is it really? I think that here in Oklahoma the result might even be a bit better.
IMO "Not enforcing a law" and "standing with us" are very different things. It's like saying a neutral country is an ally during war.
When they start :
arresting the anti2a officers
Sabotaging raids
Etcetera
I'll change my tune, but until then I'll still distrust everyone of them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Government employees aren't trustworthy since they have no problem accepting stolen money each payday. Any who grew a conscience would resign and find a private sector job and contribute to society instead of remaining government welfare recipients...

Holy crap where did this come from?

I was a gubberment employee for many years in the military, and later in Civil Service.

How can you grade my "contribution to society"?

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sure other states wouldn't be the same but.... You know after thinking about it for a while I'm thinking most all Oklahoma LEO's would be on the good side in a SHTF situation. That means WE would have them too, "I hope".

SPD, I'll buy one for you guys if "WE" can order two. :)

dutchwrangler

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Holy crap where did this come from?

I was a gubberment employee for many years in the military, and later in Civil Service.

How can you grade my "contribution to society"?

Government employees accept money that was stolen from people without their consent. Obvious how to grade. To be forthright, I too accepted stolen money between the age of 18 - 21 before it dawned on me that what I was doing was immoral. So after my enlistment I found a job in the private sector and have been there since. Folks can paint a rosy picture that government "service" is beneficial to society, but the truth is that government employment is the same as engaging in crime since they willingly accept stolen money every time they get paid. What part of "thou shall not steal" is so difficult to understand by forum members? It ain't rocket science nor a deep intellectual subject.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Just to clarify

ci·vil·ian
səˈvilyən/
noun
a person not in the armed services or the police force.
synonyms: noncombatant, nonmilitary person, ordinary citizen, private citizen; More
informal
a person who is not a member of a particular profession or group, as viewed by a member of that group.
"I talk to a lot of actresses and they say that civilians are scared of them"
adjective
adjective: civilian
of, denoting, or relating to a person not belonging to the armed services or police.
"military agents in civilian clothes"
synonyms: noncombatant, nonmilitary person, ordinary citizen, private citizen; More
Origin

late Middle English (denoting a practitioner of civil law): from Old French civilien, in the phrase droit civilien ‘civil law.’ The current sense arose in the early 19th cent.

I must disagree with Mr. Webster. When I was in the military(active duty), everyone was a civilian except military. CIA was civilian, NIS was civilian, Natl Guard was civilian unless activly on active duty, contractors are civilians. Cops are civilian law enforcement, nothing more. Only since the first gulf war has public opinion changed as to who is military. In my time, the reservists n natl guard were just part timers until called up to active duty...they ranked just above non military Leo's. And non military means civilian. Leo's in the Guard or Reserves were and are civilians unless on active duty.

I know attitudes have changed since my time in service but I dont dig or understand why the public puts the military on such a high pedestal. It seems like everyone wants to be military. Same with Leo's. I know several, theyre good guys doin a dangerous job, but I see them as people and citizens, who should be held to same standards as any other citizen. That goes for being held accountable as well.

Im still of the opinion regular civilians should be just as equipped as law enforcement.

Anyways until im either Governor or President, I dont think things will change much.

BikerHT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hell, I'd take 3 or 4 of them today at that price. We could have some fun playing Hide & Seek! On the other hand - this is total friggin BS. US gubment giving these away to local depts. while telling our border "security" guy to run for cover if an illegal has a rock in his hand. Stupid f$%&*#g idiots!

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
US gubment giving these away to local depts. while telling our border "security" guy to run for cover if an illegal has a rock in his hand. Stupid f$%&*#g idiots!

No kidding...line the border with these damn things. All terrain capable (to an extent), high powered lights, elevated turrets, many are rigged and wired for sensors/cameras already. Much better use than sitting in a PD parking lot in podunk Oklahoma....

Latest posts

Top Bottom