1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

Post apocalypse locations

Discussion in 'Preppers' Corner' started by Tanis143, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Annie

Annie Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I don't care what y'all do. Just stay out of my backyard. Not bragging but my fenceline is not so far away that I can't pick you off without wasting my assault rifle ammo on your hairy asses. :naughty: :rotflmao:

rc508pir likes this.
  2. rc508pir

rc508pir Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Ya'll make sure you heed Annie's warning and steer clear of her pot stash LOL

Cowcatcher and Annie like this.
  3. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Hey now, my ass isn't hairy! *does his best to dodge incoming fire*

4. SMS

SMS Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Everyone and their brother, and bad ass sister, is going to head to Walmart.

If you don't have the supplies before things pop off, it's going to be pretty rough, especially if you have a family with kids!

I've gamed all this out before, that's why I'm staying put. Bugging out is challenging. Bugging out without a pre-planned and pre-provisioned destination is even more challenging. Bugging out without a pre-planned, pre-provisioned destination AND without preparations in advance is akin to suicide LOL. Making assumptions that you'll be able to gather supplies to sustain a bug-out-to-nowhere after the balloon goes up is putting a lot in the "Hope" basket and hope is not a course of action.

p238shooter and kwaynem like this.
  5. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I fully agree. My wife likes a well stocked pantry, so we have food. If SHTF tomorrow I would be bottling up as much water as I could and maxing out the cards to get what I could while there was some semblance of civility. Other than that I have no place to bug out to that is not in an urban area. We have a friend that has a small farm that we could probably stay with but I won't bank on it. I would hate to say I would be one of those willing to kill others for supplies, but when push comes to shove it boils down to survival of the fittest. I know I sure as hell won't depend on the .gov to come save me. They can't run anything right without an apocalypse going on.

6. Tanis143

Tanis143 Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Realistically speaking the two biggest threats humanity faces right now is either a viral outbreak or WW/Nuclear war. The first would probably wipe out most of the urban areas rather quickly, especially if it has a long incubation time (say 24 hours or more) after infection. That is where my few week waiting period comes into play. If the second happens, well it probably wouldn't matter where you are at. Most urban areas would be prime targets. If the war was nuclear I doubt there would be a state that would not be affected by fallout.

7. Snake

Snake Sharpshooter

You really think about several dozen people haven't thought this same "plan" out?

kwaynem likes this.
  8. Annie

Annie Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    There are some scenarios that I'm not interested in surviving. You just rattled off 2 of them. Long as I can stay at home and self-quarantine I'm fine. I gotta start interacting with people to "survive" and I'm out. "People" are nothing but trouble.

Cowcatcher likes this.
  9. rc508pir

rc508pir Sharpshooter

Supporter
    More like several thousands of people

Cowcatcher and Annie like this.
  10. Gunbuffer

Gunbuffer Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    The second people talk about zombie scenarios, is the second I stop paying attention to them in these threads because I realize that all info has been filtered through a PlayStation or Xbox Call
    Of Duty lens.

Cowcatcher, Annie and kwaynem like this.