Prayers and help for Pinkhamr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Randy should be HOME in a little over an hour. :thumbup: I've got the 3 ramps completed and even put rubber traction strips on them so the electric wheel chair that my mother is not able to use can get inside, outside and everywhere he needs to go. It's got a pouch in the back for his Oxygen bottle. I'm going to meet him at HOME and help him into the chair if he needs it and show him how it works. I just put new batteries in it an hour ago and everything is loaded in our horse trailer. I'm sure looking forward to having my friend back home. Thank you all for your prayers and well wishes. Please keep it up.

This spring hopefully Randy will get to feeling good enough that we can get together on my place near Mangum and shoot anything we want, as far as we want and perhaps shoot a few gongs and some Tannerite.
Ron

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Randy is home and trying to catch up with 1600 emails and paying bills. I built 3 ramps for my mother's electric wheel chair that she can no longer use but it's just right for Randy. I will get after him to send you all a note. Man it's good seeing him at home. He is weaker than mouse milk after 2 months in bed and learning how to walk all over again but he is getting with his PT and giving it heck.

ridurall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well my friends it's over. As of 4:40 PM Sunday the 2nd of February 2014 Randy Pinkham lost his battle with cancer and pneumonia. After getting back home and catching up with his FFL Books the time finally came down to getting back into the cancer fight. After the big PET scan however the doctor told him that it was stage 4 cancer. The day after he restarted his chemotherapy the pneumonia kicked back in and it hit him hard. I guess something like an allergy to the medicine. He just could not get the CO2 out of his lungs and without the mask breathing for him he could not make it. His family and other friends were there with him as the doctor turned off the oxygen mask. It took close to an hour as Randy's body slowed down until there was close to 30 seconds between breaths. It was peaceful and his wife and daughters holding one hand and I was holding the other and talking to him. He is now in the Lord's merciful hands. He fought a hard fight and gave it all he was able to. I'm going to miss my best friend and shooting buddy. We had a way of ending up often with the same kind of gun with some kind of good hearted competition between us. He did like his unusual calibers in the 1911 style guns. Like the Corbon, 10mm, .45 Winchester Magnum and I would work with him on loading for them. I also loaded his .338 Federal in his DPMS AR-10 and 300 Blackout of which we both had one. Having lost my father 9 months ago this really sucks. One should not lose two best friends in the same year. However life goes on.

Latest posts

Top Bottom