PSA rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostrider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of PSA rifles for sale lately. Since I can't find a Vz2008 I thought I would look into getting back to an AR platform. I've always heard good things about PSA. Are these good rifles?

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Totally depends on the specs. Once you learn which materials, manufacturing processes, testing and QC make a good AR, picking a rifle by components is easy.

Of course, not everyone cares about that stuff. So the question is: What do you want the rifle to do, under what conditions? Your answer to that determines the rest.

ghostrider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't want another pos AR.
I bought an Olympic AR a couple of years ago and spent all day at Harry's (Banner Road) trying to sight it in. Never could get it to shoot straight. I don't want a polymer made AR. I've heard bad things about those from gun smiths.

ddlstang

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've ordered several different AR parts from Palmeto, everything has been VERY good. They shoot good and run solid. I have the Fn barrels and the freedom and accuracy is on par with other stuff. HAve not tried the PTac line so could not comment on that.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bought an Olympic AR a couple of years ago and spent all day at Harry's (Banner Road) trying to sight it in. Never could get it to shoot straight. I don't want a polymer made AR. I've heard bad things about those from gun smiths.

Really confused what a polymer made AR is? What gunsmiths?

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Who recommended a polymer receiver. An in-spec aluminum receiver from most manufacturers will be just as good as any other in=spec receiver. I wouldn't want a polymer receiver either, but it wouldn't be the part that affected accuracy.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ah plastic receiver. Why when you can get an Anderson lower

I know a few people were looking to make the gun as light as possible and as cheap as possible...but the plastic just don't work for an AR receiver IMO.

PSA makes good stuff and sells it at a decent price, that's why you see so many of them. They are right their in the middle quality wise and ive had good luck with them. Other names like noveske, BMC, DD make better guns, but at a much higher cost. I just bought a complete PSA upper with 16" midlength stainless barrel for under $300. Now the barrel is made of 416r stainless vs a BCM stainless barrel made of 410. The BCM barrel will outlast the PSA but at a massive price difference, costing more than I paid for my complete upper. To me, when the barrel is shot out in years to come, I will simply replace it with another $100 416r and go back to shootin. That's just me though.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i've found the PSA CHF uppers to be very accurate, anything they put an FN barrel on has been GTG, i've still got one left, a 6.8 SPCII with the FN barrel. good friend has the same thing in 5.56. i've transitioned to ARP 5R barrels over the course of last year, but will hang onto the PSA i have left

Latest posts

Top Bottom