PSO/AEP frustration.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shinneryfarmer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The local electric coop has a ROW on my property as does local phone company. Electric Coop needed access to work on line, there supervisor came by and asked for access. No problem will leave the gate open that day. They asked if they could install a lock on the gate no problem I said and left. That afternoon when I got off work went to check cattle they cut the chain in half and installed there lock in the middle of it. Well that went right thru me because the chain that was on it the week prior rusted into. The one I replaced it with temporarily was a expensive chain to a piece of equipment. When I agreed I thought they would just add one to my lock. Long story short I got my expensive chain replaced after multiple times out to make line repairs to a line that ran right above my shooting range. Must have been ricochets I guess.:D

Boehlertaught

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I agree.with Hunter966. Putting a lock in line makes sense. But it is nice to be asked. The destruction of property is the big issue. They just bull their way around and don't care about folks. It was childish behavior on my part but after speaking with them and being told i can't keep them out i cut their locks every time they cut mine. And I never tried or intended to keep them out.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Best thing I can think off is call the local office and pitch a fit with the local DSS, Distribution System Supervisor. The problem you have is the Transmission part of AEP has nothing to do with the Distribution as all Transmission leadership and management is in Ohio. The local distribution office is more than will to help and usually really cares about customer satisfaction. Now, with that said, you should request that AEP put a lock in your chain so you both have access at any given time. I dont know what keys they use now but it used to be a #2 Key. At least that way they have their own lock and wont cut your chain.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Screenshot_20211212-092518_Photos.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom