Purchase that really got soured

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arkieron

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I purchased a Glock 19 in South Carolina on another forum. The seller wanted to ship directly to an FFL. I had a little difficulty in finding an FFL that would receive from an individual. After a phone call, I used a Pawn where I had previously purchased a Ruger Pistol. The employee at the shop said they would do it and to have the seller call him.
When it arrived, the employee phoned me and said they could not transfer because the package did not contain an FFL and they could not use the D.L. copy because they didn't know him. After some discussion including my reminder that I told him this was an individual, his boss got on the phone. He said he would not take a transfer from an individual. I told him what I had discussed with his agent, the employee, but got nowhere. An email to the seller confirmed that he had been told by the store employee to put his D.L. in the box. The seller did exactly what he was told What a mess.

I argued with the owner several times and sent him a copy of the BFT frequently asked questions. I gues policy had been changed and the employee wasn't cut in.Two weeks later, I found a FFL in South Carolina and had the pawn return it to him. The seller went over and identified himself to the FFL there. Hopefully it will soon come to my regular FFL here. I could have purchased a new one from Bud's just as cheap. I point this out to to show what a mess one deal can become. Most dealer here won't accept from other than an FFL and if you get into a dispute, it isn't worth legal action. I will never deal with an employee that is not the owner of a shop on a question of a transfer and sure never with the store where the problem originated. Be careful making a purchase and be sure that everyone understands the transaction. Just call me dumb and poor.

jbarnett

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thats why its good to know the sponsors here.
They have always taken care of me but you would have to move to OK first.

meek1661

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I asked a local pawn shop about a transfer and the owner told me they would do it but since they were a pawn shop and not strictly a gun shop they would have to wait 3 additional days to release it to me. I don't know if there any truth to it but at that point I decided if I was doing a transfer it would go through a gun shop.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I asked a local pawn shop about a transfer and the owner told me they would do it but since they were a pawn shop and not strictly a gun shop they would have to wait 3 additional days to release it to me. I don't know if there any truth to it but at that point I decided if I was doing a transfer it would go through a gun shop.

thats not correct, there shouldnt be any additonal wait unless you delayed on the NICS check

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, don't do any more business with that shop. Find a good one that will help you out and stick with them. I go to Best Pawn here in Stillwater, and they've always been great about transfers, whether from individuals or from other dealers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom