Pursuing Law Enforcement

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have been dreaming about a possible career in Law Enforcement, however throughy current career I have managed to run up about $2500 in bills a month, any suggestions from current or retired Law Enforcement would be much appreciated

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure I understand your question. Are you asking can you afford $2500 a month on a LE salary? Probably not at starting pay/at a smaller department.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
RedTape said:
I'm not exactly sure I understand your question. Are you asking can you afford $2500 a month on a LE salary? Probably not at starting pay/at a smaller department.

That is what I am asking, Thank You, should have clarified better

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Law Enforcement Jobs are low pay for the most part. If you expect to make a good living with the opportunities for overtime, rank advancement, benefits, insurance and extra security type jobs. You'll have to go to a bigger department like OCPD.

Tin Star Firearms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stillwater just finished a hiring effort. Another one is possibly starting soon and you can check the City of Stillwater website for openings. No college required.

Your monthly debt load is formidable but not impossible. Maybe work down that load to make it easier for you to accept entry level pay.

DavidWOwens

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FireCop203 said:
OHP is a good job too, but their biggest downsides are that they can move you anywhere in the state they want to and pay increases have to be approved by the State Legislature.

Would it be advised to get some college hrs out of the way? I'm 24 so i have some time before i age out

Latest posts

Top Bottom